• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Paging Kony and Chuck

Jeremy Igo

Just now, rippadonn said:

Could that be why guys don't seem motivated? 

You need a Kevin Greene. You need a Julius Peppers and you need a Greg Hardy to pair with a CJ or an Ealy. Why the heck do they continue to neglect the defensive end position?

Why do they neglect OT or the secondary? Why do they neglect bringing in a play maker at WR?

Why has this been going on for 3 straight off seasons? This front office likes their projects and experiments.

A pass rushing DE or Hunter Henry would have been great in the first round. Both with immediate impact. Instead they get a DT who will likely never see much of the field until KK or Star leave the team.

Surrounding a SB defense with 4 rookies and trying to force playing time on the rookies will demotivate vets very quickly. 1 rookie getting a lot of playing time on defense for a team that wants to compete for the SB is a big risk.

5 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

"Gettleman/Rivera have no desire to find an outside pass rush."

Yea, this is what it has come to to bash this team?

Are you going to argue the Panthers have not had a chance to strengthen the pass rush from the DEs?

They seem to be happy with Ealy and Addison. I believe they thought Ealy and Addison would be so good that CJ would be a back up.

Adding Delaire and Edwards is the best they have given this team. The trade for Allen was pure desperation due to a struggling Ealy.

There have been plenty of chances to find a threat from the outside in the draft or free agency over the past 3 off seasons. Other teams have been able to find these players in order to get pressure on Cam.

7 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Are you going to argue the Panthers have not had a chance to strengthen the pass rush from the DEs?

They seem to be happy with Ealy and Addison. I believe they thought Ealy and Addison would be so good that CJ would be a back up.

Adding Delaire and Edwards is the best they have given this team. The trade for Allen was pure desperation due to a struggling Ealy.

There have been plenty of chances to find a threat from the outside in the draft or free agency over the past 3 off seasons. Other teams have been able to find these players in order to get pressure on Cam.

Why should I have to argue in the first place? I am not 12. Nor are you my wife.

You make statement like, We have no desire to improve our DE, and to back that up you name LBs. You reach for negatives to bash this team. They neglect this or that position. You say Ron loves his vet, then say he love his kids. You pull things out of you butt, then argue against them to bash the team. (We lost our vet leaders, I hope the kids can grow up quick, but I doubt it.) There are probably lots more, cuz those are just off the top my head.

You are unhappy/confused right now, I get it, most of us are. The difference being, some of us are trying to be rational about what the heck is going on. There are way too many like you, that are letting their negativity run rampant. Go to any thread in here right now. You will find folks at each others throats. The negativity is out of control.

I have given you plenty of positives over the last few weeks. I am done beating my head against that wall.

11 minutes ago, LA_Panther said:

We could have made a play for Freneey

Sent from my LGLS991 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

That could have been your plan. It just wasn't in the Panther's plan. Although, I will admit that right now, it is difficult to see a plan in place at all.

10 minutes ago, beastson said:

Complacency gets you nowhere

I don't think there are a whole lot of folks that truly believe this to be true. IMO, Gman, and Ron, are not the type to go all complacent. Those are two very driven guys.

6 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The defensive interior receives 100% of the double teams. The ends are always matchup up 1 on 1, haven't won yet.

When you practice all week and off season  against mediocre to poor OT s its hard to compete against good ones in a real game..

Dwight Freeney and Chris Long would have been nice.

Maybe some draft picks like Ogbah and Calhoun.

Nope. The Panthers like Ealy, Delaire, and Addison.

The Panthers have had their chances over the past 3 off seasons like Julius Peppers. Jared Allen would have played another year for the Panthers if they offered.

Nope. The Panthers like Ealy, Delaire, and Addison.

Definitely a problem here.

10 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:
9 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The defensive interior receives 100% of the double teams. The ends are always matchup up 1 on 1, haven't won yet.

I know what I'm seeing, and our defensive interior's play has dropped off. Can't count how.many times Short has been 1 on 1 and losing his battles. Say what yiu want,  i know what I'm  seeing.

9 hours ago, Riverboat Ron said:

I really think the secondary is the issue. There's a tipping point where pressure improves the secondary just the same as a lockdown secondary giving the front seven time to get to the QB.

Problem is how much can the D-Line do when it's like backyard toss and catch with our Corners and safeties? Boston is ass, we have inexperienced rookies, and a now cut out of shape Bene. Coleman who is fantastic when he has sufficient support can't cover the field since he has to cheat to a side. 

Truth is Getts put too much faith in rookies and gambled badly at safety.

wow the argument for not having to get top DBs was the front line would cover for them, now it is the secondary causing problems for front line...the fact is we need to upgrade both...we have a lot of backup depth and no starting talent at this point...

10 hours ago, Riverboat Ron said:

I really think the secondary is the issue. There's a tipping point where pressure improves the secondary just the same as a lockdown secondary giving the front seven time to get to the QB.

Problem is how much can the D-Line do when it's like backyard toss and catch with our Corners and safeties? Boston is ass, we have inexperienced rookies, and a now cut out of shape Bene. Coleman who is fantastic when he has sufficient support can't cover the field since he has to cheat to a side. 

Truth is Getts put too much faith in rookies and gambled badly at safety.

Secondary is a huge issue.

but DE is a problem that dates back to last year.  It is a legit issue on it's own. 

15 hours ago, heel31ok said:

wow the argument for not having to get top DBs was the front line would cover for them, now it is the secondary causing problems for front line...the fact is we need to upgrade both...we have a lot of backup depth and no starting talent at this point...

It's more that the line can mask a below average secondary, not a hemophiliac walking barefoot through a broken glass factory secondary like we currently have.

Archived