• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Paging Kony and Chuck

Jeremy Igo

Agreed. I am bummed out over these two. I had high hopes. I read where kony said it's not the DE fault for not getting sacks because of short passes. I have seen several times where the qb just sits back there and waits with no pressure...it's not all on short passes. Please get some sacks.

I still don't understand what the logic behind banking on Charles Johnson was.

Its like management actually believed the same homer message board garbage about him just "struggling with an injury" last year.

the guy hasn't been good in years.

I really think the secondary is the issue. There's a tipping point where pressure improves the secondary just the same as a lockdown secondary giving the front seven time to get to the QB.

Problem is how much can the D-Line do when it's like backyard toss and catch with our Corners and safeties? Boston is ass, we have inexperienced rookies, and a now cut out of shape Bene. Coleman who is fantastic when he has sufficient support can't cover the field since he has to cheat to a side. 

Truth is Getts put too much faith in rookies and gambled badly at safety.

1 minute ago, Riverboat Ron said:

I really think the secondary is the issue. There's a tipping point where pressure improves the secondary just the same as a lockdown secondary giving the front seven time to get to the QB.

Problem is how much can the D-Line do when it's like backyard toss and catch with our Corners and safeties? Boston is ass, we have inexperienced rookies, and a now cut out of shape Bene. Coleman who is fantastic when he has sufficient support can't cover the field since he has to cheat to a side. 

I think this is part of it. 

33 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The Panthers simply cannot compete this year unless Kony and Chuck improve their play a great deal starting tomorrow night.

Last year at this time, DEs had 5 sacks. This year, they have 2. Both coming from backup players.

Not even close to being acceptable.

I'm more concerned about how our defensive interior plays. If it improves, I'm confident  that production from our DE's will improve 

30 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

But, but, I was told it was da players.  Da, dur, dur, not Gettlemen and the coaching. Durrrrrr.  Gettlemen is BAE!  It's da players.  Durrrrrr.  

Charles Johnson has not been the same player since he was leg whipped in the MNF against the Patriots. That's 3 years ago and we still rely on him. Regardless of what happens this year. 2017 will be a big off season for the Panthers. Will probably have to replace 5 starters or more 

Yea, these guys suffer from the same disease, POUP. 

For those not in the know, POUP means Performs Only Under Pressure. 

We've seen CJ have big stops in big moments. We've see Kony be a game changer on the biggest stage. 

I believe they will step up when it's "time" and the time is Monday night. I'm betting you will hear their names called a few times tomorrow night. 

POUP can also be called LUN ( lazy until needed) I've had LUN for 30 years. 

Archived