• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go Broncos

Jeremy Igo

The Falcons are a good team but pump the brakes on the SB crowning. I think their defense is average to below average , what helps them now is that their offense tends to get them big leads earlier but they still don't generate enough turnovers like the Saints defense did in 09 to compensate for the lack of resources on defense. 

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

Well. Considering we HAVE gone 1-3 before, but have gotten 12-4 seasons, win ing the division quite a bit of times, and have had a super bowl appearance since gettleman's tenure, I think we're alright.

Yeah those were under Hurney's players. Yes I understand Hurney overpaid a few players so he deserves no recognition whatsoever and now that Gettleman has had some success with Hurney's centerpieces in Newton and Kuechly that Hurney that Gettleman deserves all the praise. Thanks for teaching me bro!

I distinctly remember last year PU making a bunch of threads when Atlanta was 5-0 about how great Atlanta was and how the Panthers had no chance of winning the division. That didn't work out well. 

Yea Atlanta looks good, but crowning them now is not only incredibly premature- it shows you haven't been paying attention to the last five years. 

1 minute ago, backtobackwinningseasons said:

Yeah those were under Hurney's players. Yes I understand Hurney overpaid a few players so he deserves no recognition whatsoever and now that Gettleman has had some success with Hurney's centerpieces in Newton and Kuechly that Hurney that Gettleman deserves all the praise. Thanks for teaching me bro!

Want me to go over how many busts hurney has drafted? But no no gettledouche let smitty go screw him being cheap and taking us out of cap hell and drafted really well.

Just now, Saca312 said:

Want me to go over how many busts hurney has drafted?

Want me to go over the overslotted players Gettleman drafted that we didn't have an immediate need for?

Either way, most people take what I post as a defense for Hurney. It's not that at all, it's just to show Gettleman has benefitted from Hurney's major draft choices much more than anyone thinks. I know any criticism of Gettleman is hard to take but c'mon Gettlecucks.

DG is a good cap manager, but his drafting is suspect as well as his FA dealing. You can be a good cap manager all you want, but it means nothing if you don't make moves to improve your team. You also can not afford to bomb a whole draft.

We either have a GM who mismanages the cap, Hurney, that leaves us handicap to make moves or we have a GM that manages the cap well, Gettleman, but goes the cheap route to build the team. Why can't we be somewhere in the middle? It's either one extreme or the other.

I said for the longest the biggest thing that separated us from Atlanta is the line of scrimmage. And now they have closed the gap on that, the last 2 losses to them have showed it.  We have opportunity after opportunity to approve,  cap space isn't and issue anymore. The team got content, the fans got content.  If somebody like remmers is a big reason for your only 2 losses of the season and the obvious weak link you LOOK for an UPGRADE. Don't trot him back out there next year thinking he is gonna magically improve. 

7 minutes ago, backtobackwinningseasons said:

Want me to go over the overslotted players Gettleman drafted that we didn't have an immediate need for?

Either way, most people take what I post as a defense for Hurney. It's not that at all, it's just to show Gettleman has benefitted from Hurney's major draft choices much more than anyone thinks. I know any criticism of Gettleman is hard to take but c'mon Gettlecucks.

Hard to miss on a top 10 pick compared to 25 and below. That's when you know you have a competitive team when you have consistent low picks.

Back on the topic of the game, I really think Denver got screwed by that offsides call on the onside kick. Didn't look like they were offsides to me based on the replay. They were close but not yet off. I think you should be able to challenge an offsides call on onside kicks especially since in this case it cost Denver possession of the ball.

35 minutes ago, SOJA said:

So as it turns out were a missed FG away from being 2-2 and we've played 3/4 of the best teams on our schedule in the first four weeks. 

Really wish Cam was healthy on Monday because I truly believe we can right this ship. 

Agree.  I think we get them without Cam.  Derek Anderson is a good quarterback.  TB is missing a good DL and a good RB so I think we win a close one which helps us build a little confidence.  At this point just small steps.  If we could get some of the injured players back we will win @ NO

Archived