• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official: Newton, Oher, Bradberry, Stewart, Butler all OUT

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

So, Worley and Sanchez get the start while being backed up by McClain and Teddy Williams. I am sure the communication in the secondary will be spot on. No way every offense the Panthers face will go right over the front 7 with 5 step drops to run the chuck and duck offense.

For the same reason every offensive game plan will be the same against the Panthers D is the reason I know what will happen on game day. I am also waiting for the secondary to consistently show me they can make plays so I can stop doubting them. Just like the opposing offenses they will face.

I'm more interested in seeing the coaches make an adjustment rather than get beat the same way every game. 

Just now, Peppers90 NC said:

I'm more interested in seeing the coaches make an adjustment rather than get beat the same way every game. 

Good luck on that one. There is a reason they start seasons 1-3 all but the 2015 anomaly year. It is the system. Must trust the system. Single coverage on Julio Jones, Mike Evans, and Brandin Cooks by a rookie will work in the Panthers system. If Norman could do it, then any rookie should be able to do it.

5 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

Well Minnesota beat our asses with half their team out, why shouldn't it work for us?

Well to be fair their coaches found a way to kick our asses with Sam Bradford starting, and Adrian Peterson out. I have little to no faith in our staff having the testicular fortitude of overcoming such adversity.

54 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
newton_david_m.jpg

David Newton ESPN Staff Writer 

Panthers coach Ron Rivera said there will be a package for backup quarterback Joe Webb, a mobile quarterback more like Cam Newton. Carolina will have five receivers active with Webb also a receiver and Brenton Bersin active.

Oh lord.  The read option doesn't work with out Stewart.  Inserting Webb just continues to make something bad worse 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Oh lord.  The read option doesn't work with out Stewart.  Inserting Webb just continues to make something bad worse 

Maybe we'll see another lineup with Ted Ginn Jr behind center at the absolute worst time in the game when we need to score.

20 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Good luck on that one. There is a reason they start seasons 1-3 all but the 2015 anomaly year. It is the system. Must trust the system. Single coverage on Julio Jones, Mike Evans, and Brandin Cooks by a rookie will work in the Panthers system. If Norman could do it, then any rookie should be able to do it.

You're right other than starting 2-0 in 2014. I don't see the defense adapting to personnel but this team has always won in November and December. Maybe it takes that long for the players to get comfortable.

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Just wondering if we'll be able to field 45...

Well byrd is still rotting away on the PS.. won't even give him a chance to see if he can do anything at PR/KR.. coaching just rather stick with their status quo loyalty bullshit.

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
newton_david_m.jpg

Panthers coach Ron Rivera said there will be a package for backup quarterback Joe Webb, a mobile quarterback more like Cam Newton. Carolina will have five receivers active with Webb also a receiver and Brenton Bersin active.

LOL, Shula is determined to force something to work. 

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
newton_david_m.jpg

Coach Ron Rivera had a message for former Carolina cornerback Captain Munnerlyn, who told "Sporting News" he knew the Panthers were done two weeks ago against Minnesota because "those guys don't play well when they are down." The message was a reminder of how Munnerlyn lost his cool when the Panthers were down in a 2013 playoff game. "I just want to remind him, short-term memory, when we played San Francisco in the playoff game, if I remember correctly, he did get a 15-yard penalty for head-butting somebody," Rivera said on Saturday. "Captain did. He'll get the message from there.''

He can respond to Captain who is pretty irrelevant but can't respond or get his panties in a bunch over his quarterback being head hunted? Ron's priorities are not in order but I think that's pretty obvious.   

42 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Interesting how Ron can get fired up enough to "send a message" to a salty former player through the media, but getting him to speak out in defense of his QB from multiple targeted headshots, and horrid officiating is just too much to ask for.

This. Everything Ron does lately makes me mad. 

Archived