• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official: Newton, Oher, Bradberry, Stewart, Butler all OUT

Jeremy Igo

18 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

If the Panthers win tomorrow I owe you 100 dollars. 

If the Panthers do not win tomorrow you owe me 100 dollars. 

Deal?

Technically that would count as one of those moral victories I keep hearing about here.

I'll take the 100 now in all singles.

newton_david_m.jpg

David Newton ESPN Staff Writer 

Coach Ron Rivera had a message for former Carolina cornerback Captain Munnerlyn, who told "Sporting News" he knew the Panthers were done two weeks ago against Minnesota because "those guys don't play well when they are down." The message was a reminder of how Munnerlyn lost his cool when the Panthers were down in a 2013 playoff game. "I just want to remind him, short-term memory, when we played San Francisco in the playoff game, if I remember correctly, he did get a 15-yard penalty for head-butting somebody," Rivera said on Saturday. "Captain did. He'll get the message from there.''

newton_david_m.jpg

Also on the Panthers' injury report on Saturday, the following are questionable for Monday's game against Tampa Bay but coach Ron Rivera is optimistic they can play: LB Thomas Davis (hamstring), FB Mike Tolbert (hamstring), DE Charles Johnson (quad), WR Devin Funchess (toe), WR Ted Ginn Jr. (foot).

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:
newton_david_m.jpg

Coach Ron Rivera had a message for former Carolina cornerback Captain Munnerlyn, who told "Sporting News" he knew the Panthers were done two weeks ago against Minnesota because "those guys don't play well when they are down." The message was a reminder of how Munnerlyn lost his cool when the Panthers were down in a 2013 playoff game. "I just want to remind him, short-term memory, when we played San Francisco in the playoff game, if I remember correctly, he did get a 15-yard penalty for head-butting somebody," Rivera said on Saturday. "Captain did. He'll get the message from there.''

That's sort of petty, why would Ron even respond to Captain?

Interesting how Ron can get fired up enough to "send a message" to a salty former player through the media, but getting him to speak out in defense of his QB from multiple targeted headshots, and horrid officiating is just too much to ask for.

So, Worley and Sanchez get the start while being backed up by McClain and Teddy Williams. I am sure the communication in the secondary will be spot on. No way every offense the Panthers face will go right over the front 7 with 5 step drops to run the chuck and duck offense.

For the same reason every offensive game plan will be the same against the Panthers D is the reason I know what will happen on game day. I am also waiting for the secondary to consistently show me they can make plays so I can stop doubting them. Just like the opposing offenses they will face.

Archived