• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What on earth is this???

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I got the satire but wasn't entirely sure that's all it was.  Because of the way our fanbase has been viewed as ho-hum/fairweather, I also assumed there was some degree to truth to it, as I'm not familiar with the writer.  What further made me think there was some degree of authenticity to his account was that his bio said he was an "entertainment writer" and enjoyed going to Taylor Swift concerts.  So, to me, it sounded like a guy who would hop on a bandwagon because it was the "in thing" to do lol.  so, perhaps naivety got the best of there, I just found it to be believable.

It reminded me of an old Fowler piece describing watching the game while eating of cheese and drinking of wine by the fireplace...  but, Fowler was serious.

Sounds like you just over analyzed it. No worries.

3 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Theoden came with us to ATL last year - he pulls for the Panthers hard enough. Which is why when I read the title I was like "WTF, man". But before the end it became obvious what he was doing. And while it was semi-annoying, he's actually pretty spot on (which is probably why it's annoying). It's a mess out there in social media world.

Yeah, I didn't know he came with ya'll to a game...  That certainly takes a level of dedication so I will go amend my initial post.  I'm just a little defensive right now and having not heard of him before, even after reading the whole article, I thought it was very possible it was one of the transplanted fans that we may have inherited through our success.  Even by my own account on social media, I've started seeing some of our "fans" from last year suddenly posting about other teams and openly pulling for them, so I thought, "man, this guy is just being honest about being a frontrunner," lol.

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Got to be a persistent, tough SOB to read that 4 times. Respect.

Hahaha....I had to reread it a few times because this emotionally fragile state I'm in had me ready to rip his head off. But I know the guy personally so I kept going back thinking there was no way that was really happening because he wouldn't be like that. 

So...no respect deserved. He fooled me too initially. 

I've already seen this type of fan at work. The nurses who were day one fans last year with monogrammed Panthers cups now ask me why I bother to watch such a bad team... I always respond that I survived 15 straight regular season loses I think I'll be fine.

That second photo, brutal. 

I bet teams have been training that poo offseason just for Cam, that isn't just grabbing the foot to stop, thats a deliberate twist. 

Why cant teams just be like TD and forearm a running back in the back of the head with a surgically repaired forearm and knock him 10 feet.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

From the Charlotte Observer... 

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/theoden-janes/article106675717.html

I have a dilemma, and am pretty much black-and-Panther-blue from beating myself up over it these past four weeks.

The thing is, I’m just not sure I’m that into the Carolina Panthers anymore.

Tried to open it !! but immediately pissed.. Thats what happens when the north invades the South!! No Pride as they are not from here!! A little hint local paper back your team!!! F** the Observer.. I get my news here at the Huddle!!

Archived