• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What on earth is this???

Jeremy Igo

Aww, that was so cute.

EDIT: I'm an idiot.

I've seen 1-15.  I've been through all the NFCCG and Superbowl losses.  All the heartbreaking FA departures.  All the mediocrity...  And yes, this season blows so far, but oh well...  Ain't no lifejackets on my Panthers boat.

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Aww, that was so cute.

What an idiot.  But, at least he admitted he just joined the bandwagon midway through last season which explains why it's easier to jump off when you haven't invested in this organization as a fan since day one.  

I've seen 1-15.  I've been through all the NFCCG and Superbowl losses.  All the heartbreaking FA departures.  All the mediocrity...  And yes, this season blows so far, but oh well...  Ain't no lifejackets on my Panthers boat.

Ummm.....

Just now, Cracka McNasty said:

It was blatant satire. The author is making fun of the fans who are hopping off the bandwagon because the Panthers aren't good so far this year.

Like, really blatant satire. 

I got the satire but wasn't entirely sure that's all it was.  Because of the way our fanbase has been viewed as ho-hum/fairweather, I also assumed there was some degree to truth to it, as I'm not familiar with the writer.  What further made me think there was some degree of authenticity to his account was that his bio said he was an "entertainment writer" and enjoyed going to Taylor Swift concerts.  So, to me, it sounded like a guy who would hop on a bandwagon because it was the "in thing" to do lol.  so, perhaps naivety got the best of there, I just found it to be believable.

It reminded me of an old Fowler piece describing watching the game while eating of cheese and drinking of wine by the fireplace...  but, Fowler was serious.

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Nevermind, Cracka pointed out that it was blatant satire.  I explained why I didn't think it was above, lol.  I'm okay though, 85% of the huddle think I'm an idiot anyway, lol.

Theoden came with us to ATL last year - he pulls for the Panthers hard enough. Which is why when I read the title I was like "WTF, man". But before the end it became obvious what he was doing. And while it was semi-annoying, he's actually pretty spot on (which is probably why it's annoying). It's a mess out there in social media world.

Archived