• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Possible explanation on the Bene timing....

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Heard of Josh Norman?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

and Tom Brady was a 6th round pick but you don't expect to draft a starting QB in the 6th round do you? good teams hit on their early picks on day 1 and 2 of the draft. they find good depth players and the occasional starter in the later rounds

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

All that being said, I always thought the point in cutting someone was because you have someone who was clearly better available to you.  I'm not seeing that right now. 

I agree, but I think this might be similar to 2014 where they just said fug it and wanted to get the young guys some much needed experience, even if its trial by fire. or at least i hope that's what they are thinking.

Carolina IMO showed legit FO failures this offseason...I think this is simply more of the same.  

I persoanlly think FO is scapegoating Bene...after they putting in a scenario to fail last week. 

FO is treading water.  Winston will torch us and now they will continuously play the "retooling" card.   They simply failed to put together a secondary that could compete this year.  Now they will claim obviously it was a rebuild....and who deconstructs a SB caliber team?

6 hours ago, Silent Majority said:

Sooooo....no one is going to bring up how a head coach, a defensive coordinator, a position coach a GM with a prying eye AND a strength and conditioning coach all missed/failed an out of shape Bene. 

Like I said more to it than what we can see...if not bottom line is Bene should still be here..

I don't know if people can remember but Bene was horrible last year and then got injured. He played decent against Denver with an unexperienced QB and tends to run the ball. Minnesota and the 49ers don't have great WRs. Bene wasn't even covering their top WR much if at all considering Bradberry is our top CB.

I believe McClain can get the job done as a number 2 CB and Bradberry may be young but he can be a decent #1 CB.

This week Bradberry isn't likely to play and I believe he won't be 100% for a while because turf toe takes a while to heal.

We will need to rely on Worley as our top guy which does scare me even if it's just for Monday night.

However he has the size to match up with Evans and with the right play calling we could end up masking the problem with some safety help.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

12 hours ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I don't know if people can remember but Bene was horrible last year and then got injured. He played decent against Denver with an unexperienced QB and tends to run the ball. Minnesota and the 49ers don't have great WRs. Bene wasn't even covering their top WR much if at all considering Bradberry is our top CB.

I believe McClain can get the job done as a number 2 CB and Bradberry may be young but he can be a decent #1 CB.

This week Bradberry isn't likely to play and I believe he won't be 100% for a while because turf toe takes a while to heal.

We will need to rely on Worley as our top guy which does scare me even if it's just for Monday night.

However he has the size to match up with Evans and with the right play calling we could end up masking the problem with some safety help.

Just go back and read the glowing reviews for Bene and how we don't need Josh...this is a major shock and no one saw it coming...which is a major screw up by mgt . 

26 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Just go back and read the glowing reviews for Bene and how we don't need Josh...this is a major shock and no one saw it coming...which is a major screw up by mgt . 

Glowing reviews for Bene, and we don't need Josh? C'mon man. That just ain't true. No one expected Bene to replace Josh. Way to make something up to bash mgmt.

I guess frustration trumps truth for the haters.

Sure losing Josh caused a ripple effect. But, you don't have to go all gaga to make that point. We get it. You mad.

13 hours ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I think the plan was for Bradberry to take over the #1 spot, and for one of McClain, and Whorley to take over #2, and the slot. With Bene in the rotation, that, on paper, sounds like it could have worked.

Then Bradberry gets hurt, and Bene get cut. Now we have Sanchez, and not much more. My how plans can change

36 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Glowing reviews for Bene, and we don't need Josh? C'mon man. That just ain't true. No one expected Bene to replace Josh. Way to make something up to bash mgmt.

I guess frustration trumps truth for the haters.

Sure losing Josh caused a ripple effect. But, you don't have to go all gaga to make that point. We get it. You mad.

YES IT IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE..its all a matter of public record... in gman we trust and all that garbage.  Not mad about this, the point is i saw it coming several years back and got the same bs  type responses like this one from you.What no one expected was for Bene to get cut ...he was left unprotected when Josh walked and that was said many times also.  

13 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

YES IT IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE..its all a matter of public record... in gman we trust and all that garbage.  Not mad about this, the point is i saw it coming several years back and got the same bs  type responses like this one from you.What no one expected was for Bene to get cut ...he was left unprotected when Josh walked and that was said many times also.  

NO IT'S NOT. No one said Bene could replace Josh.

In Gman we trust. Because, all in all, we are in much better shape than we were just 3 long years ago. You remember those years where our starting talent was bottom half of the league, and our depth was non existent. With no money.

I am glad that you saw this coming years ago, and I am truly sorry you got flamed for stated your beliefs. But you have to know that fans who think they are talent evaluators, are only fooling themselves, and the people they try to sway. Professional fail at this constantly, and they get flamed for it. It comes with the action.

No one saw the Bene getting cut thingy. Some see it as an act of desperation, and are in attack the mgmt mode. Some see it as a shake the team up kinda thing. But no one sees it as a "Bene couldn't fill Josh's shoes, so he's gone" type thing.

I just think you are over rating the Bene is replacing Josh angle. I don't think many people would have that thought.

Archived