• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Possible explanation on the Bene timing....

Jeremy Igo

Did no one else notice that Atlanta was putting a WR on bene and running go routes, then they'd put Julio on him to run another go route. He was winded at that point and way to slow to keep up.Teams would've used the same strategy to go deep on us. Bene looked to be waaaaay slower than normal. Not sure if it was conditioning or post injury deterioration. But he looked like he could be dusted by TEs out there.

27 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

Trainers told him he was gtg. He's soft. IMO. Felt this way since preseason. 

Not thinking Bradberry is soft, necessarily, but I hate it that he left the game early after getting so burned by Julio.  Would have liked to see him come back in and get a chance at some redemption.  As it is, he could let getting beat linger in his mind too long.  Gotta get back up on that horse....

1 hour ago, CatMan72 said:

I appreciate his candor, but it probably wasn't a good idea to go on the radio and admit you got schooled because you're out of shape. I know he was coming off an injury, but it's still his business to get himself in shape and if you allow a guy to play that admits he's out of shape what kind of message does that send to the rest of the team? 

I like Bene, but he let us down. Hope he clears waivers (can't imagine anyone signing him after the performance Sunday) and we can park him on the PS while he gets himself in shape - I'm certain that's the plan which would explain the timing. 

I don't believe bene can be signed to PS.

I stopped checking news after monday aside from updates on Cam's status, even though I figured he would be out this week regardless...  So, I didn't find out about this until my wife came home and had been listening to local sports radio I had left on in the car and told me they were arguing over some players DG cut, and I thought to myself, "We haven't cut anyone this week..."  Logged into the huddle, and bam!  What a surprise...  

Or maybe not really.

I actually mentioned in the preseason after Bene first came back that I thought he looked really bad.  Didn't seem as fluid as before and even from just watching on tv, he constantly looked gassed to me.  I figured eventually he would get his bearings back about him, but I was wrong, and I think Atlanta was just the nail in the coffin.  

All that being said, I always thought the point in cutting someone was because you have someone who was clearly better available to you.  I'm not seeing that right now.  I hope Sanchez surprises, and I was impressed with him in the PS and surprised he got cut initially, but Bene was the only player in the secondary with any experience.  Part of the issue with the secondary has been the younger guys not knowing their assignments, struggling with the scheme, and then obviously, struggling with their technique.  Bene looked like complete ass Sunday, but again, I'm not seeing how adding another rookie (who DG thought was less of a player than WORLEY lol) into the mix is going to fix things.  

Hate to say it, but this doesn't seem purely business.  I think it's a reactionary move due to all the criticism after an embarrassing week where the spotlight got shined on DG and all of his comments and decisions regarding the Norman situation.  People cannot convince me DG is not at least slightly ego-driven in a lot of his decisions.

3 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

every player in the NFL understands the business of it. They don't get upset like fans

I'd say the opposite it true. Depends on the player and how personally they take it. Since it is happening to them, I'm sure they take it harder than fans on forum...

Reactionary was the handling of Norman, costing three draft picks on cornerbacks

..not a well thought out plan, no plan b, it's the guy from Samford and two other throw something against the wall and maybe they will stick

meanwhile our 100 million $$ QB who has a penchant to hold the ball too long on a good day, is getting his brains knocked out by three of the worst OTs in the league

if Gettleman gets glory, he gets blame and this is squarely on him, oh yeah, and OC who can't adjust to blitzing defenses who still has a job

Archived