• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Possible explanation on the Bene timing....

Jeremy Igo

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Apparently Bene had not been practicing with the first team, that was kept quiet. This leads to me believe the following:

Coaches may have thought "Lets  let Tampa Bay lick their chops at the Panthers-Falcons film all week in regards to Bene and let them game plan and practice for it all week. Them Friday, we make a change replacing him with an unknown."

Could explain why they waited so long to release him. Why give the opposition a heads up on Tuesday? 

The element of surprise is not worth bringing a rookie straight from practice squad to primetime. Probably hurts us more than it hurts TB.

30 minutes ago, countryboi said:

man that sounds like an really asshole employer letting him work all week then firing him on a friday....im sure he will dry his eyes with 100 dollar bills

Yup ... definitely di3k move .... happened to me too lol ... no $100 to wipe my tears tho

13 minutes ago, LA_Panther said:

Yup ... definitely di3k move .... happened to me too lol ... no $100 to wipe my tears tho

I just got laid off, then unlaid off again.  Weird couple weeks.  I almost stopped coming to work a couple times and left after lunch and didnt say poo a couple days.  After I was not laid off anymore the Dude called me into his office and is like, welll I dont see any emails or texts regarding these half days......He was cool though, he understood.  Probably glad I showed up and did my work after the initial blow at all.

Archived