• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Possible explanation on the Bene timing....

Jeremy Igo

Apparently Bene had not been practicing with the first team, that was kept quiet. This leads to me believe the following:

Coaches may have thought "Lets  let Tampa Bay lick their chops at the Panthers-Falcons film all week in regards to Bene and let them game plan and practice for it all week. Them Friday, we make a change replacing him with an unknown."

Could explain why they waited so long to release him. Why give the opposition a heads up on Tuesday? 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Apparently Bene had not been practicing with the first team, that was kept quiet. This leads to me believe the following:

Coaches may have thought "Lets  let Tampa Bay lick their chops at the Panthers-Falcons film all week in regards to Bene and let them game plan and practice for it all week. Them Friday, we make a change replacing him with an unknown."

Could explain why they waited so long to release him. Why give the opposition a heads up on Tuesday? 

196157.gif

Hmmmmmm. Conspiracy Theory #4. But a good one. Nothing happens in the NFL without a reason, a plan. Along the lines of "Cam may still play" so TB has to prepare for 2 QB's.

2 minutes ago, countryboi said:

man that sounds like an really asshole employer letting him work all week then firing him on a friday....im sure he will dry his eyes with 100 dollar bills

I was let go my last day before vacation, on a Friday. No 100 dollar bills though. :(

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Perhaps, also teams now have their rosters set for Sunday, less likely to do a waiver wire pick up over the weekend, so hope we can add Bene back to PS.

But in general, this move doesn't impress me and certainly doesn't encourage me.  Things in Panther-land just don't feel right.  Everything is out of sync this season.  Feel like someone has stolen our team's heart and our coaches' wisdom and good sense.  But I'm pretty grumpy about life in general right now.  It's been a tough week at work.

Archived