• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derek Anderson Throw 5

Jeremy Igo

Thats what kills me about Cam, he tries to stay in the pocket almost too much, use your speed and elusiveness and get outside of the pocket and make a play happen.  I rarely see him throwing outside of the pocket, I guess not his forte?

I can only imagine how much he would bait the defense into leaving their man to come try to tackle him if he makes like he is going to run, pulls up before the LOS and throws a touch pass to a wide open receiver.

1 hour ago, Dunn said:

I guess not his forte?

Cam has always been good despite his poor mechanics (<60% completion percentage every season, throwing too high for 6'5" receivers, inconsistent touch on his passes, and his backfoot being co-MVP last season).  I wouldn't be surprised if he's encouraged to stay in the pocket because he's inconsistent at throwing well on the move. 

1 hour ago, Dunn said:

Thats what kills me about Cam, he tries to stay in the pocket almost too much, use your speed and elusiveness and get outside of the pocket and make a play happen.  I rarely see him throwing outside of the pocket, I guess not his forte?

I can only imagine how much he would bait the defense into leaving their man to come try to tackle him if he makes like he is going to run, pulls up before the LOS and throws a touch pass to a wide open receiver.

He needs to watch his tape from 2011 & 2015, combine best of both worlds. 

1 hour ago, Dunn said:

I know a lot of people hate him on this forum, but that's what makes Russell Wilson so dangeous. He knows when to break the pocket, and when he gets outside, there is ALWAYS a defender that leaves his man to try and get Wilson, only for him to lob one to a wide open breaking free receiver. People continue to call it luck, I call it good pocket awarness and using his quickness to beat teams.

3 hours ago, megadeth078 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's encouraged to stay in the pocket because he's inconsistent at throwing well on the move. 

My general impression is that Cam can only do the short dumps off well while on the move. Ask him for distance and the ball struggles getting there. That one play last season against the Saints where he barely got it to Olsen on a critical 4th down comes to mind. There was also a play against the Bucs where it was going to be short of Funchess but a defender tried to pick it off. It bounced off his hands and it actually helped the ball arrive on target. I almost think that his large frame actually hurts him trying to throw on the run.

Archived