• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derek Anderson Throw 3

Jeremy Igo

Another "throw him open" pass. Anderson's good at that.

I'm a little concerned by not seeing him look at both sides of the field, but if your first read is open, throw it. I'd rather see a less than optimal completion than see the ball get held too long resulting in a sack.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Another "throw him open" pass. Anderson's good at that.

I'm a little concerned by not seeing him look at both sides of the field, but if your first read is open, throw it. I'd rather see a less than optimal completion than see the ball get held too long resulting in a sack.

I've seen Anderson go through his reads quite a bit, so I'm not too concerned he didn't make another, after he saw the favorable match-up on the first one.

Olsen one on one. Not throwing him open. Just an easy pitch and catch when he sees Olsen's man trip. Olsen one on one with all the other defenders deep is not difficult.

The Falcons are not even disguising their coverage pre snap.

Makes it easier on the QB. Still, nice simple pitch and catch.

4 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Olsen one on one. Not throwing him open. Just an easy pitch and catch when he sees Olsen's man trip. Olsen one on one with all the other defenders deep is not difficult.

The Falcons are not even disguising their coverage pre snap.

Makes it easier on the QB. Still, nice simple pitch and catch.

The ball was halfway there, before the guy tripped.  But yeah, if Olsen is one on one, you throw him the ball.  Simple decision.

43 minutes ago, Nick_81 said:

I've seen Anderson go through his reads quite a bit, so I'm not too concerned he didn't make another, after he saw the favorable match-up on the first one.

Oh, I don't doubt he can do it, and we were in "hurry up" mode at that point, anyway.

As mentioned elsewhere, my big concern with Anderson has been that when he starts a full game, often he'll look good for a half to three quarters but get tired and sloppy late.

Didn't hurt us enough to lose his last few starts.  Maybe won't this time either (I hope).

Archived