• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derek Anderson Throw 2

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

exactly. something that Cam was amazing at last year, but just hasn't developed the timing and trust in his receivers this year. 

I hope he does soon, especially with KB, Olsen, and Funch (guys you can trust to catch the ball even while covered)

I'm not so sure it's a timing or trust issue...

Just now, truthjuice said:

What do you think it is?

I'm not entirely sure, TBH.  Something is off, but I just can't believe it would be timing, or trust, with his receivers.  He was spectacular last season with the same guys, minus KB.  KB isn't going to throw everything off like that though, and I don't see any trust issues with him, as far as making a catch.

Just now, Nick_81 said:

I'm not entirely sure, TBH.  Something is off, but I just can't believe it would be timing, or trust, with his receivers.  He was spectacular last season with the same guys, minus KB.  KB isn't going to throw everything off like that though, and I don't see any trust issues with him, as far as making a catch.

I figured he has been playing hurt and it's not the receivers he's not trusting, it's the line and other things. I also don't think he trusts himself right now because he's visibly frustrated. He hasn't looked like Cam since Denver. I really hope whatever that's going on, he comes back free and refreshed. 

He had this planned pre snap. If he gets the safety to bite, he knows Olsen is one on one in man. So, he throws away from the deep safety to a spot and trusts Olsen to win his match up.

This is not throwing a receiver open. This is throwing to a spot where the defense does not have a shot at the ball. The throw is behind Olsen, but thankfully Olsen is athletic enough to make the adjustment.

1 minute ago, truthjuice said:

I figured he has been playing hurt and it's not the receivers he's not trusting, it's the line and other things. I also don't think he trusts himself right now because he's visibly frustrated. He hasn't looked like Cam since Denver. I really hope whatever that's going on, he comes back free and refreshed. 

Definitely a possibility, but I'm not sure if it's trust with the line either.  He's been holding the ball for days out there.  I think if he had a trust issue with them, that wouldn't be the case.

Archived