• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Welp, Derek is starting for sure.

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Yeah, since Week 1, TD has come out in defense of Cam.

Olsen has defended Cam.

The best Rivera could do?  He'd "take the shot".

P.S. And don't anyone give me the "Rivera is just an honest guy" B.S.  Rivera makes up bullpoo all the time in defense of his COACHES.  I guess his starting QB only gets "honest" Ron.

I think Ron is a man of integrity however I sadly agree. I'm not saying he has to do something extreme but do something other than stand on the sideline stone faced.  I believe cam after the Denver game doesn't trust his line and doesn't trust officials to keep him safe. Can't say I blame him and I think this has produced the skittish, non swagger cam we're seeing currently.

5 hours ago, PantherRN said:

This worries me because we have always heard Rivera is a players coach. The statement he made this week that he would have took the shot and his failure to defend Cam after week 1 could cause him to lose the locker room.

...I think he really meant that if you want to laissez faire the sht into the endzone you are leaving yourself open for a jam.... entertainer/icon, superman, dabin and first down man is antagonizing the piss out of a defense so they want to get his azz and make an example out of him... its a fight and you have to protect yourself at all times... but it was another opportunity for a flag and thats what he should have been bitching about.

15 minutes ago, Saha said:

I think Ron is a man of integrity however I sadly agree. I'm not saying he has to do something extreme but do something other than stand on the sideline stone faced.  I believe cam after the Denver game doesn't trust his line and doesn't trust officials to keep him safe. Can't say I blame him and I think this has produced the skittish, non swagger cam we're seeing currently.

The line, the officials, the coach. You have to feel like the coaches and management has your back. He probably doesn't. Hopefully his swag is back when he comes back. DA mentioned he was in good spirits even though he was frustrated. I think different of Ron now. 

If it's any prize, GMF said even with our record we will still win the NFC South. They mentioned Atlanta not being able to hold up and their schedule getting tougher. They also mentioned Cam being frustrated and how many times he's been hit being the reasons for his struggles. 

38 minutes ago, truthjuice said:

The line, the officials, the coach. You have to feel like the coaches and management has your back. He probably doesn't. Hopefully his swag is back when he comes back. DA mentioned he was in good spirits even though he was frustrated. I think different of Ron now. 

You are absolutely right on this and that's what disappoints me. If I were HC of Carolina after the first illegal helmet to helmet in the Denver I'd have honestly smacked the ref in the head and asked him if he could tell if that was illegal contact.

I have zero issues with DA starting Cam hasn't looked right for the Minnesota and ATL game..Not sure if he was having lingering effects from a concussion...but DA has proven to fill in when needed.. I thought Cam needed to be pulled sooner in the ATL game..something wasn't right..Remmers definitely wasn't his best friend I get that!!

39 minutes ago, Saha said:

You are absolutely right on this and that's what disappoints me. If I were HC of Carolina after the first illegal helmet to helmet in the Denver I'd have honestly smacked the ref in the head and asked him if he could tell if that was illegal contact.

They would have had to toss me from the game. That's a fine that's well worth it. Rons was response was "we will look at the tape." 

the legend of DA the buc-fuger started in 2014 when he came in and did just enough to win... but he also threw a game-losing pick right in the arms of a CB jumping a route. the back dropped it and we won. we got lucky.

i love DA but he is prone to making boneheaded throws. which is fine - so is cam - but DA also doesn't have the arm to make the kind of throws cam can make up the seam on on the sidelines, nor the wheels to kick it into another gear and get out of trouble. you can bet your ass the bucs are gameplanning to stop the types of easy underneath throws shula drew up for him and force him to be consistently accurate over the top and make good reads. those guys will be chomping at the bit to jump some of those out routes.

if cam is even a question he absolutely should sit, but there is no question we're in a world of poo if he does.

4 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

the legend of DA the buc-fuger started in 2014 when he came in and did just enough to win... but he also threw a game-losing pick right in the arms of a CB jumping a route. the back dropped it and we won. we got lucky.

i love DA but he is prone to making boneheaded throws. which is fine - so is cam - but DA also doesn't have the arm to make the kind of throws cam can make up the seam on on the sidelines, nor the wheels to kick it into another gear and get out of trouble. you can bet your ass the bucs are gameplanning to stop the types of easy underneath throws shula drew up for him and force him to be consistently accurate over the top and make good reads. those guys will be chomping at the bit to jump some of those out routes.

if cam is even a question he absolutely should sit, but there is no question we're in a world of poo if he does.

Philly, I think ultimately you're right, cam is our franchise and if he's out we are in deep poo, I just think that DA is capable in his stead.

4 hours ago, Saha said:

Cam carried Ron for years, maybe he is tired of having a sub-par coach and would love to have someone who would make him 10x better. You guys should be undefeated, as much as it pains me to say that.

Archived