• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Welp, Derek is starting for sure.

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I think part of the Panthers showing that they have Cam's best interest at heart might be the head fugging coach defend his damn QB no matter what instead of telling the whole damn world that he would have "taken a shot" himself.

I guess the Loyal Order and Fraternity of Linebackers is more near and dear to Rivera's heart than his damn QB that sacrifices his body in an attempt to win like no other QB in the league.  

I guess, in Rivera's mind, said QB doesn't deserve his benefit of the doubt.

This worries me because we have always heard Rivera is a players coach. The statement he made this week that he would have took the shot and his failure to defend Cam after week 1 could cause him to lose the locker room.

2 minutes ago, PantherRN said:

This worries me because we have always heard Rivera is a players coach. The statement he made this week that he would have took the shot and his failure to defend Cam after week 1 could cause him to lose the locker room.

I suspect he's already lost the locker room. His handling of Cam and those hits disturbed me. 

3 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I am fine with Derek starting.  Need to make sure Cam is 100%.  A couple of weeks away might just help him overall.  Derek can get us back to .500 and then Cam will be ready to lead the charge to 51.

This. I would rather Cam sit and come back healthy. 

5 minutes ago, PantherRN said:

Yeah, since Week 1, TD has come out in defense of Cam.

Olsen has defended Cam.

The best Rivera could do?  He'd "take the shot".

P.S. And don't anyone give me the "Rivera is just an honest guy" B.S.  Rivera makes up bullpoo all the time in defense of his COACHES.  I guess his starting QB only gets "honest" Ron.

18 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

to be quite honest, I think Cam is healthy, but given the hits he took against Denver and the NFLPA's probe into the Panthers medical staff on how they handled the concussion protocol has put a lot of pressure on our front office. I think sitting him will show the entire NFL the Panthers have Cams best interests at heart. 

Well this would be stupid.

13 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

I agree Ron shouldn't have said that, especially to the media, but he's right. Cam has done that on multiple occasions and needs to cut that poo out. Just b/c you see paydirt with tunnel vision doesn't mean there isn't defenders around you. The hit happened right at the goal line with Cam casually strolling into the endzone in pre celebration mode. As a defender, of course you're going to take that shot, especially when you have a chance to actually stop him from getting in. 

Yeah, maybe he was telling the truth.

But sometimes you don't need to be truthful in front of the national media.  Kinda like in the middle of a crowded department store, if your wife asks you "Does this dress make me look fat?" 

"Sure does honey!  Maybe that's because you ARE fat!"

Sometimes you just keep it to your damn self or even tell a little white lie because the truth in that particular time is NOT required or helpful.

Shut the locker room door and read him the riot act?  FINE.

Throw him under your Linebacker Fraternity Bus in public?  FUG YOU, RON.

Archived