• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Today's Offensive Tackles...

Jeremy Igo

What happened to this great depth the front office had acquired? I was told how wrong I was and that this would not be the issue I thought it was in the off season?

The OTs have not been addressed for years, and while what Gettleman made the worst OT unit in the NFL in 2014 was improved from dead last to bottom 5 in 2015 to the elation of many fans, it was still not good.

What you witnessed in 2015 was some of the worst DEs and speed rushers in the NFL. The schedule was very favorable to the OT. Byron Bell and Nate Chandler would have looked adequate for most of the 2015 season.

Why does the front office keep throwing money at Byron Bell, Nate Chandler, Mike Remmers, and Michael Oher? They are just bottom of the league stop gaps. Paying them like they are the solution is ridiculous.

I will be shocked the day the OT position (depth included) is properly addressed through the draft or free agency.

The coaching staff cannot use this an excuse. If you have subpar tackles, then you must adapt. Look at Seattle, who's line is atrocious compared to ours.

If Shula and Ron come out with the same game plan and "players must execute" mentality, then I will be livid. This is a must win game. If we lose this game, we might as well play the young guys and look towards next season.

I like this idea and I'm in no way joking it may seem crazy but I truly believe we need to give the combo a opportunity if you've seen Oher this year man he's laying on his back in the middle of third down plays. Remmers is seriously not holding his own when I saw those half spin moves working like he had grease on his jersey I said I believe Hawkins might give us a better shot right now hunger and desire drives a lot of players to preform much better then their own talent level. Our tackles are preforming at level where they too need benching. Even though I heard Remmers say something like hell be good Monday night I would like to see if either tackles can simply hold there own ground against NFL level DE. 

Archived