• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam or Remmers?

Jeremy Igo

I think the play was a timed route to Fozzy with KB as the hot read. If Cam had stepped up then thrown he would've had Fozzy wide open and, with the way Fozzy zigs & zags, it could've been a TD. Without stepping up he should've thrown to his hot read, KB. KB one-on-one with a LBr is in our favor. But he did neither and got sacked. It's not on Remmers. Shoot, I'm surprised Williams wasn't called for holding.

This one is all on Cam.
Cam needs to climb that pocket.
Hell, this should be an emphasis. Our tackles stink, but our interior line is top notch.
We should be regularly clogging the inside and allow edge rushers around.
Climb the pocket, make reads while stepping into throwing positions, run if you dont like what you see.

Sent from my SM-G920V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

18 hours ago, TheRed said:

The indecisiveness is what you see when you're QB doesn't trust his line.

I've seen Cam get off passes so fast to a receiver that it made my head spin.

He didn't just turn into this overnight. We gambled, and we are again ruining our franchise QB.

I know these topics are good for clicks. But this really just looks pathetic for our fanbase.

Gamble? We brought back the same OL from last year that went 15-1 and the superbowl. If anything we upgraded with KB back in the mix. The big issue is Cam seems more locked into one player this year when last year he spread the ball around more efficiently.  

1 hour ago, panthers1234 said:

Gamble? We brought back the same OL from last year that went 15-1 and the superbowl. If anything we upgraded with KB back in the mix. The big issue is Cam seems more locked into one player this year when last year he spread the ball around more efficiently.  

Cam made this OL look a lot better than it really was last year. He also made Ted Ginn look like a #1 WR when he hasn't done jack poo anywhere else.

Regardless, he was absolutely pummeled in the SB. And again in the opener. We did nothing. I don't think it's even up for debate that it bit us in the ass.

As far as KB goes, I don't think he's the issue. We have struggled to get Greg involved as well. Stewart being out also hurts a hell of a lot more than fans here want to admit.

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

Cam made this OL look a lot better than it really was last year. He also made Ted Ginn look like a #1 WR when he hasn't done jack poo anywhere else.

Regardless, he was absolutely pummeled in the SB. And again in the opener. We did nothing. I don't think it's even up for debate that it bit us in the ass.

As far as KB goes, I don't think he's the issue. We have struggled to get Greg involved as well. Stewart being out also hurts a hell of a lot more than fans here want to admit.

Your right about that but given how solid the OL looked last year, there was no reason to make any major overhaul in that area. Denver's d is just nasty and they were playing harder and wanted it more than the panthers in both games. You can't look at 2 games and say man we need a major overhaul and replace 2 guys. Two probowl linemen aren't magically going show up and your not going to find anyone better than them currently without paying valuable draft picks or alot of salary cap money. 

The bigger issue most people seem to not want to admit is Cam is off this year. I agree the OL has been a problem with it but he should be doing better despite that too. 

15 minutes ago, panthers1234 said:

Your right about that but given how solid the OL looked last year, there was no reason to make any major overhaul in that area. Denver's d is just nasty and they were playing harder and wanted it more than the panthers in both games. You can't look at 2 games and say man we need a major overhaul and replace 2 guys. Two probowl linemen aren't magically going show up and your not going to find anyone better than them currently without paying valuable draft picks or alot of salary cap money. 

The bigger issue most people seem to not want to admit is Cam is off this year. I agree the OL has been a problem with it but he should be doing better despite that too. 

He was definitely off in the Atlanta game. No doubt. I think it was the Vikings game he started off like 7 for 7 passing, but they began to get pressure with ease, and things went bad. At some point your quarterback begins to lose trust in his line, it's happened before when we had Byron Bell blocking invisible men.

From my perspective, our offense just does not look to be clicking as a whole. There is a mixture of issues right now. But whether it is Cam or DA behind center, it's gonna be a long ass day regardless if we continue to struggle running the ball like we did in Atlanta.

22 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Who is more responsible for this sack. 

KB could not be more open over the middle, looking for the ball. Fozzy also wide open. 

Remmers, well, obviously Freeney destroys Remmers here. 

giphy.gif

Remmers stunk on the play, but at least (barely) led the defender around the back. If Cam steps up in the pocket, he has time to make that pass. 

Archived