• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam or Remmers?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, arbnranger said:

Cam needs to work on getting rid of the ball faster. Period. 

Has the line been playing like ass? Yes Has the team being playing as a unit? No 

It's not all on Cam but he's not perfect either. Being able to improve and take constructive criticism to strengthen weakness is what the pros do. Nothing personal. 

Personally I blame shula for most of the problems on offense.. mostly because he doesn't know what a fuging slant pass is.. the only plays he seems to know are up the middle runs and deep passes.. the guy never adjusts or tries to help out cam with easier passes that cam is more comfortable with.. It's a broken record at this point.

19 minutes ago, Toolbox said:

Personally I blame shula for most of the problems on offense.. mostly because he doesn't know what a fuging slant pass is.. the only plays he seems to know are up the middle runs and deep passes.. the guy never adjusts or tries to help out cam with easier passes that cam is more comfortable with.. It's a broken record at this point.

I agree. Mike Shula first then Mike Remmers=trash. Shula can't or won't adjust his gameplan as the game goes on. And I will say it again so that everyone can understand. Mike Remmers is simply a turnstile for defensive ends.

Meh. Whoever was at the top right was off to the races. If we had an oline that could block for anything more than a 3 step drop we'd be golden. Cam came off to what appears to be his chk down a little slow. Big fuging deal. Cam is not a cure all. The entire team has zero rhythm...but you know Cam and whatnot. 

It's on Cam. Not many want to admit it. Hell, I don't really want to admit it. 

Remmers is below average but Cam is reverting back to his old way of playing. Holding the ball forever, trying to hit the home run, and rarely taking the throws the defense is giving him. This is pre-MVP Cam. I don't know the reason for it: could be the hits to the head, could be a super bowl hangover, could be personal stuff getting in the way. 

Whatever it is, he needs to fix it soon or he's not going to make this season. If you have a bad oline, you adjust with short quick throws. 

If you don't want the quick throws and would rather hit the home runs, you better be sure you are moving up the pocket to avoid the edge rushers. Our interior oline is one of the best in the business and it's rare cam is facing interior pressure. It is almost exclusively coming off the edges. 

Remmers got beat badly, but the smart play by Cam would have been to have pulled an Eli Manning and just thrown it at Benjamin's feet.  With Cam's accuracy on that day trying to get it to him likely doesn't end well.  

Anyway I would like to see Cam under center more, but that's probably not gonna happen.

Brave of zod to attempt this.

My answer is after the third game, I had a thought -" what 2015 panther is playing better this year???" No counting KB cause he was injured and lavar Edwards was not a panther in 2015. Even after a couple days, their is no one I could think? Same goes for the coaching staff, mcderment can forgetabout getting HC offers after this season. Everyone is at fault in this play, but if u must choose it's mainly Cam for sure.

Gross had a great saying about playing OT- " playing nfl OT was losing slowly" DEs have all the advantage and OTs are going backwards.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

For me, if KB is that open, you throw it to him and build momentum. Especially if you know your tackles are not good. That would at least build some momentum and get Atlanta at least concerned about the short game. 

This is why I've been saying Cam has been suffering a concussion since Denver. He'ss playing like a rookie, a bad one at that.

You can say Cam is lazy in his drop backs but the fact of the matter is offenses are built around timing. This means that the drop back the QB takes is 1-3-5-7 steps. if you want to call Cams drop back lazy, fine, but that means they would have to reconfigure each play to adjust the route stemming to the "quicker" drop back. That would take an entire offseason.

Sure if Cam wanted to sling it to KB for a 2 yard gain he could have, but that would mean he probably would have been throwing off his back foot and then people would be complaining that he didnt complete his drop and find the wide open angle route the RB ran.

TLDR: Remmers sucks.

Both. But Cam needs to learn to step up into the pocket. I noticed that when Anderson came in, the same pressure was there. But Anderson took 2 steps up into the pocket to avoid the edge rush and unloaded. Had cam stepped up, Fozzy would have been open for an easy touchdown on that play.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

A few things....

If you watched the game, the announcer kept talking about Cam's footwork- feet not set, not pointed towards the WR, etc. On the play where he overthrew Ginn wide open, they showed his front foot wasn't even on the ground.

Cam has a rocket arm, short quick passes aren't in his arsenal.

Remmers was playing out of position. 3 seconds was a luxury.

No matter how bad the play call, Cam can (and has) audibled out of it.

Archived