• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam or Remmers?

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, Darth Biscuit said:

Cam *should* have released the ball as KB crossed the left hash... 

KB catches the ball here (as denoted with red) and has approximately a 7 yard gap between him and the LB.  

That's the throw here.

cam.jpg

This is similar to the play Julio torched us for the 75 yd TD backbreaker on us

4 minutes ago, SCP said:

Agree. Maybe he spent too much time in Hollywood making TV shows? I've never been that "he should be in his playbook" kind of guy but he has regressed this season and like you I can really put a finger on why. Oline and play calling certainly factor in.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Having basically no run game with Jonathan Stewart out, and leading the team in rushing while fans are calling for his head would have to also be a legitimate factor 

This is on Cam.

1st- Cam drops back with no urgency or ready to throw, his footwork is slow therefore he gets stuck at the back of his drop.  If he had gotten to his spot quickly he could of recognized the heat and stepped up in the pocket sooner giving time to scramble or dump it off. 2nd, His eyes are focused on olsen and when he realized he was covered he decides to check down to kelvin, and by that time kelvin is covered.  That was an obvious deep zone coverage, bc eveyone dropped 15 yds back so quickly, and MVP qb should recognize that coverage and immediately be looking at his 2 check downs bc he knows the deep part of the field is covered.

Remmers got beat yes, but Cam has to be quicker in his decision making.  I cant stand how his footwork has not developed and alot of that should be pointed and Ken Dorsey.  Cam is 10x the qb dorsey ever was, i think it would help us to get a guru in here who puts emphasis in the most important aspect of a qbs game, his feet.  One thing is certain, cam was not playing this way lasst year, his sense of urgency just isnt there.

I gotta put this one on Cam. These are the quick reads he has to be able to make when pressure is hot off the edges. I've never been a fan of our QB development. As much as I hate New England, their immediate backup QB always seems prepared if Brady goes out and it barely misses a beat. Sometimes Cam doesn't seem prepared as our starter. 

3 minutes ago, truthjuice said:

Both. Cam wasn't aware and Remmers, well Remmers just got beat. 

That is the correct answer. Remmers is not as horrible as Byron Bell. But he is not much better. I can't believe that Gettleman refuses to address the fact we are very weak at the offensive tackle positions. And it's been that way for awhile. It's our biggest weakness on offense. It's also one of the main reason we lost the SuperBowl. Point blank period.

2 minutes ago, Malt Liquor said:

That is the correct answer. Remmers is not as horrible as Byron Bell. But he is not much better. I can't believe that Gettleman refuses to address the fact we are very weak at the offensive tackle positions. And it's been that way for awhile. It's our biggest weakness on offense. It's also one of the main reason we lost the SuperBowl. Point blank period.

Newton accounting for 50 touchdowns, and an MVP award last year with a patchwork OL, and Ted f*cking Ginn Jr as his #1 WR should have been enough to solidify himself to the fans for awhile.

But nope.

I think it's just mental at this point for cam. I don't mean he's dumb, I mean it's like in golf. If youre head isn't in it or you're thrown off or you're pressing, you dig a whole and it just gets deeper and deeper. We all know cam can read a def and distribute the ball, it's like writers block.

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

I think it's just mental at this point for cam. I don't mean he's dumb, I mean it's like in golf. If youre head isn't in it or you're thrown off or you're pressing, you dig a whole and it just gets deeper and deeper. We all know cam can read a def and distribute the ball, it's like writers block.

This. Mentally he's not in the game. It's obvious. 

Archived