• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam or Remmers?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, SCP said:

Cam also missed Ginn high early in game and there wasn't a Falcon with 15 yards of 19. He could have picked up 40 yards. Just a shitty all around.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

The oline isn't playing well, and people may not want to hear this but something is up with Cam.  He's been "off" all season.  Yes, he's made some pinpoint throws and great plays at times, but most of the time he's just been off.  Chalk it up to whatever you want... those hits in Denver, his ankle, him trying to be more of a pocket passer, idk...  I've been a Cam supporter since day one, huge fan... but he is not above criticism when he's not playing well, and he isn't right now.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

DId you miss the play earlier where KB dragged two Atlanta defenders an extra 15 yards?

If I had my option I would go with the quicker scatback with open field to run. True KB could have trucked the LB, but Cam's late throws could have set KB up for a train wreck. 

3 hours ago, gakonline said:

If I had my option I would go with the quicker scatback with open field to run. True KB could have trucked the LB, but Cam's late throws could have set KB up for a train wreck. 

I understand your point. For me, if a WR and RB are open, you go with the WR. Less chance for a drop. 

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

I understand your point. For me, if a WR and RB are open, you go with the WR. Less chance for a drop. 

Cam never saw Fozzy anyway... he was left and Cam was looking middle right, before he could turn to look left, Freeney hit him.  KB was the throw... or had he stepped up, he'd have had KB, Fozzy and possibly Olsen open.

I have to blame Cam. If both your tackles are getting used like a hooker at a Duke lacrosse party, you take the short pass! I thought that after the abuse he took in the Vikings game, he would have figured that out.  Obviously it helps tremendously if your tackles can block, but the franchise QB has to be able to adapt. No one is calling Remmers, Williams (or Oher) a franchise player.

8 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Nah. You know I am totally ok with cirticism of the GM and Ownership. It is on here a lot. I just don't like the angry personal attacks on them, especially Richardson. As long as its just business it is all fair. 

I will fully admit that I have been critical of JR in the past. That was mainly due to the 2010 debacle. But none of this personal idiocy, or hoping he dies so we can get a new owner like I have seen.

The fact of the matter is, we gambled with the OL this offseason. Right now it is biting us in the ass. Could that change? Sure. But it was a misstep considering Newton is not only injured concussion wise, but dealing with other issues like the ankle, and as a result he has not been playing particularly well.

We've seen what Newton is capable of when he is healthy, and he has adequate protection.

Man, it really does seem like deja vu. We keep coming back to this discussion, remember that beating he took against the Eagles? I'll be completely honest with you. It really pisses me off, because it seems like nothing is ever good enough, or that the guy can never prove himself enough.

Cam needs to settle in, and start playing better, but I am sick of watching our offensive line turn to swiss cheese when we have such a talent as Newton in his prime.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You say KB, but I think the better bet on that play was Fozzy. That LB had KB dead to rights. Yeah, maybe KB breaks the tackle but probably not. Throw that ball to KB and it's probably a 2-3 yard gain. Hit Fozzy in stride and he goes for 10+.

Fozzy wasn't looking when Cam was eyeing him. He looked off to KB and possibly should have made that throw and took the 5 yards. 

Cam starts with the deep reads first before looking at check downs. With this O line he needs to flip that. Look short first and then go to deeper routes. His touch on short passes aren't the best anyway, but if he keeps holding the ball he is going to brain damage by the end of the year. 

The oline isn't playing well, and people may not want to hear this but something is up with Cam.  He's been "off" all season.  Yes, he's made some pinpoint throws and great plays at times, but most of the time he's just been off.  Chalk it up to whatever you want... those hits in Denver, his ankle, him trying to be more of a pocket passer, idk...  I've been a Cam supporter since day one, huge fan... but he is not above criticism when he's not playing well, and he isn't right now.

Agree. Maybe he spent too much time in Hollywood making TV shows? I've never been that "he should be in his playbook" kind of guy but he has regressed this season and like you I can really put a finger on why. Oline and play calling certainly factor in.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

The truth nobody wants to hear is Cam being off the past two games. Seems he can't get in rhythm and doesn't do it his way. 

To me it's one of the following, Cam is focusing on his kids and it's in his head, Cam is stressed about being a symbol with the BLM movement going on, Shula is trying to keep him in the pocket and keep him from being Cam.

We've seen in the past these things get in his head. I honestly think we sit him vs Tampa just to get him right.

Archived