• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Someone explain for me please...

Jeremy Igo

6 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Can someone tell me what Tolbert is doing in this play?

giphy.gif

Logging in his one play per game so that people can think he is a Fullback....because he that is about how often he is asked to be a FB and that is about how effective he is doing it 

3 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Maybe he was on delayed flat route...

On a handoff to the RB?  That Shula is a genius.  Having your FB run pass routes while you run is possibly the greatest smokescreen of all time.  Next time it will be a TD

I'm thinking decoy route.

Conceivably lead blocker if the play was meant to go that direction and got blown up, but gun to my head I'd say he's a decoy at first and would have switched to downfield blocking at some point if the play hadn't failed.

58 minutes ago, Jesse said:

This looks like a version under center counter play. It's the same play as power, but Cam reverse pivots. Tolbert should have kicked out. I'm sure he got his ass chewed out during film. 

Counter trap has the 2nd pulling blocker (Typically a TE or RB) as the lead blocker through the B gap. The lead blocker was Dickson. Trai Turner was the kick out block on the 5 technique. Tolbert was responsible for a chip on the 5 tech and the deep safety. If Tolbert were to kick out the 5 tech with 2 pulling blockers coming into the B gap, then it would cut off the running lanes for the RB and play to the defense.

17 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

we have major issues with execution and that's completely on the coaching staff.  teams that are maybe less talented but well coached always have a chance.

There are coaches where its all about The System.  Winning and losing?  Those are not considerations.  If the players properly execute The System, then the wins will come.

Then there are coaches where its about The Player (or at least Their Kind of Player).  Give them Their Kind of Player and they will find a system so that Their Players will win.

Ron Rivera and his coordinators are the former.  And if things go bad, its because those pesky players cannot properly execute the genius of The System.  Because, gosh darn it, it worked when they put the X's and O's into the computer.

Guys like Belichik, Tomlin, Carroll?  They are the latter.  And they will never stop working to try to put PLAYERS in position to win rather than Staying With The System.

Creative coaches >>> System coaches

Archived