• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Someone explain for me please...

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

Or multiple times here:

ginn.0.gif

Or on this crucial onside kick here:

davis.0.gif

2013 Tolbert is lonnnnnng gone.

Definitely a pattern.  He pulled this stunt a time or two in the Super Bowl as well.  One play where he failed to chip Von caused a strip fumble of Cam.

38 minutes ago, SCP said:

Definitely a pattern.  He pulled this stunt a time or two in the Super Bowl as well.  One play where he failed to chip Von caused a strip fumble of Cam.

Yep I remember one game he fumbled by trying to be too cute, can't remember what game it was tho.. I just remember everyone here was trashing the crap out of him for it.

4 hours ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Let me ask you something Mr. Igo, what the hell in #84 doing?

You are the winner. Tolbert executed properly.

This is a counter trap. Dickson is the lead blocker.

Remmers blocks down on the DL inside a 5 technique. Remmers declared 41 as the 5 technique prior to the snap.

The pulling guard is responsible for kicking out the 5 technique. Turner hesitates, looks confused, and went after the LB. Appears Turner was unaware of the declared end prior to the snap and just went off Remmers block.

The pulling lead blocker for CAP is Dickson. He is going off Turner's block to the second level. He has to stop his momentum when Turner hesitates, and then finds himself lost with Turner on his assignment.

Tolbert is responsible for the safety and must stay to the outside of the 5 technique (41).  The safety is a single high safety for this play and would be CAPs second level read. It appears he chips the 5 technique while reading the safety.

CAP is suppose to counter step to the right to draw in the defense and then cut back to follow his lead block in Dickson. His counter step was extremely weak and he was not where Cam expected him to be. Cam had to reach out to finish the hand off. This poor set up by CAP with the rushed counter step puts him out of position. He should have a strong counter step right to set up Dickson. Then he needs to be patient and ride his pulling blocker since that is his read. It seems CAP did not even realize Dickson was pulling on the play, and was his read. This causes CAP to get into the line too early and destroys the angles/leverage of his blockers.

This is a different 2 TE I formation, but it should have looked like this (Olsen has the DB and Tolbert is the lead pulling block out of this formation): 

stewrun1.0.gif

Trai Turner and CAP are the ones responsible for the counter trap falling apart.

Archived