• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking down those 300 Julio yards...

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, B.BERSIN said:

Shouldn't we just put 3 guys around Jones once he hit 200 yards? How can we even let him get 300 yards eventually? Our coaches must be really really dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Ah yes, the Steve Smith defense in the 2005 NFC Championship game!

Man that was ugly.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seahawks/0ap3000000477496/2005-NFC-Championship-Seahawks-vs-Panthers-highlights

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

I never would have thought coming in they would think it would be a good idea to single cover julio at all. This coaching staff is either very arrogant or very dumb. And I think its the arrogance. 

No way that Ron is that dumb.  Ron has headed and been part of elite defenses and Sean Mcdermott has headed a few fantastic defenses himself.  I think players thought they knew better than the coaches and did this to themselves.  That's my personal opinion though.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Broke down Julio's 12 receptions and 300 yards. 

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2016/10/04/carolina-panthers-secondary-fault/

It is ugly. real ugly. 

This.  All day.  Our defense at its best is predicated on QB pressure and the secondary not ketting the play get behind them.  Both of these failed in spectacular fashion on Sunday.  I think the views on safety play has been spot on for the whole season thusfar.  If our guys are going to be ball-hawks, we damn well better be sure to have the up front pressure first, with a solid safety valve up top

Our defensive problems start up front, no doubt.

CJ is a step too slow now. I love him but he's a veteran substitute at this point- not a starter. 

Ealy has yet to "break out" and I'm starting to believe he never will. 

KK hasn't been the same dominant force he was last year in the pass rush. 

Star has never been a dominant pass rusher- but I still argue for Star any day of the week. 

I can't remember the last time Addison got a sack. 

There you have it. Our pass rush sucks. Top priority this offseason is getting a bonafide defensive end. Whether that's through the draft or overpaying in FA. 

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Broke down Julio's 12 receptions and 300 yards. 

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2016/10/04/carolina-panthers-secondary-fault/

It is ugly. real ugly. 

In a metaphorical vacuum, "the scheme will take care of itself" supposedly.

Here's the problem our coaches don't seem to understand...

They ain't coachin' in a (metaphorical) vacuum.

Ron and his coordinators get these dumb looks on their faces when their genius X's and O's that they saw work on their computer screens break down when they face actual things like chaos and entropy.

It takes constant ADJUSTMENT (there's that word again) if you want to defeat chaos and entropy.

2 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

The Panthers always knew that if he's not pressured Ryan could heave the ball accurately. No surprise there. It was a total defensive meltdown.

Fwiw, I thought we got decent pressure on Ryan the second half.  You can't expect to get pressure every single down, but we rushed Ryan several times in the second half.  However, any NFL quarterback can hit a receiver who doesn't have a defender within 10 feet of him, even if there is pressure. 

I was in the bar next to a dude that said he knew bene in his high school years. How he is good and s!it

He stopped talking about him by the 2nd quarter. By the 3rd quarter he was like, "Julio is punking you guys" ... I was like "yep"

In all fairness, Bene should not have been left alone. We should have played cover 2 or 3 the entire game

Archived