• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tolbert

Jeremy Igo

I've always been a huge Tolbert fan, but he's realistically been done since 2014. The game has clearly passed him by and it baffles he's still on the roster. He is such a waste of a spot, and the few times he does get to touch the ball I know he's going to get blown the fug up.

20 minutes ago, PantherRN said:

I've always been a huge Tolbert fan, but he's realistically been done since 2014. The game has clearly passed him by and it baffles he's still on the roster. He is such a waste of a spot, and the few times he does get to touch the ball I know he's going to get blown the fug up.

This!!!

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Tolbert is averaging 2.8 yards a carry and barely getting any touches. The occasional screen pass to him has also been shut down .

He has all but disappeared. Will he be back? Is he done?

I sound like a broken record but Tolbert is  more effective after Stewart get the run game going, We need to get the 2 TE set going and go back to fundamental run plays none of this BS read option on every play run play.

We need some juice in our backfield. Fozzy is quick but can't run between the tackles. CAP takes what you'll block for him and can maybe churn out some tough yards here and there. Stew is a better version of CAP but isn't a homerun hitter at this point in his career.

Definitely should be a target in the draft next year.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

If you have each RB 10 attempts from the 2 yard line, do we really think Tolbert would be obviously more effective than everyone excluding Stewart? 

He's been pretty stoppable lately. Anyone remember that 3rd & 9 draw in the first half? He runs 7 yards untouched straight into a tackler. A different back might've made a move for the extra 3. 

I'm always left thinking what someone else would've done with that carry. 

- Me on August 25th 2015

Sad thing is Tolbert is still being split out wide. WOAH SHULA DONT OUT GENIUS YOURSELF.

Anyone else noticing how now Fozzy gets those 3rd and long touches recently and made something out of nothing multiple times? 

This is pretty fuging simple.

Mentally Tolbert was done after he was signed to a team with the promise of keeping it together and then management changed their minds after the ink was dry. Tolbert is one of the players that were taken back when Norman was shown the door.

They had hope, but they also knew the position the front office was putting them in for the season with the draft and lack of player acquisitions they were led to believe would happen.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

In Shula's defense....read looks limit the time Cam is under C. Increase the number of traditional runs and it increases the number of pass plays with Cam under center.

Cam's safety and survival rate is currently higher in the gun. He has more time to react. 

I mean adding play action looks with Cam under center would be giving the middle finger to Cam at this point.  He would be destroyed 

IDK about that, read option play gives the defense extra half second to attack, defenses in NFL  figured out how to stop it you hit the QB no matter what and the OTs we have can't seal the edge. We need to go back to a traditonal run game and sprinkle in RO time to time. Cam's concussion might be a blessign in disguise where shula is forced to call more fundamental plays. Tampa game could be the  resurgence of the running game and the offense. 

Archived