• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tolbert

Jeremy Igo

16 minutes ago, Toolbox said:

Ron is overly loyal to tolbert coz chargers.. We need a damn blocking back asap.

This.  I can imagine how hard it is to cut a guy who you like and has proven to be an asset in the past. But, sometimes you have to move on. Someone posted earlier that his YPC is below 3.0. He doesn't serve well as a lead blocker. So I ask, what does he bring to the squad?

1)  Is he an asset when he's in the game?

2) Would we really miss him if he were gone?

3) Would other teams covet him as a player?

If the answer to all of the above is no then it maybe we need to upgrade the position.

1 minute ago, Craig Pruitt said:

This.  I can imagine how hard it is to cut a guy who you like and has proven to be an asset in the past. But, sometimes you have to move on. Someone posted earlier that his YPC is below 3.0. He doesn't serve well as a lead blocker. So I ask, what does he bring to the squad?

1)  Is he an asset when he's in the game?

2) Would we really miss him if he were gone?

3) Would other teams covet him as a player?

If the answer to all of the above is no then it maybe we need to upgrade the position.

I wish I could say tolbert was the only player he is being overly loyal to coz chargers.. he did it with a number of other former chargers he used to coach.. drayton florence anyone??

Should have already been gone...but yet again, our FO thinks if let certain players hang around long enough they will become who we want or need them to be...i.e.: bersin, armonti Edwards, Byron bell...to name a few. Mike Tolbert was a beast in San Diego...not so much here.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Tolbert is averaging 2.8 yards a carry and barely getting any touches. The occasional screen pass to him has also been shut down .

He has all but disappeared. Will he be back? Is he done?

He doesn't deserve touches really.  Not as a runner.  One of many things we knew before the season started IMO.

Also, unless Stewart is playing their should be ZERO read option plays.  Stewart is the only RB who can run it in Carolina out of the read with Cam. It works with Stewart.  Wasted play with all others.  Tolbert body checked Cam on one of this two read looks Sunday.  

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

He doesn't deserve touches really.  Not as a runner.  One of many things we knew before the season started IMO.

Also, unless Stewart is playing their should be ZERO read option plays.  Stewart is the only RB who can run it in Carolina out of the read with Cam. It works with Stewart.  Wasted play with all others.  Tolbert body checked Cam on one of this two read looks Sunday.  

That would take Shula knowing the meaning of Adjustment.

2 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

That would take Shula knowing the meaning of Adjustment.

In Shula's defense....read looks limit the time Cam is under C. Increase the number of traditional runs and it increases the number of pass plays with Cam under center.

Cam's safety and survival rate is currently higher in the gun. He has more time to react. 

I mean adding play action looks with Cam under center would be giving the middle finger to Cam at this point.  He would be destroyed 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

In Shula's defense....read looks limit the time Cam is under C. Increase the number of traditional runs and it increases the number of pass plays with Cam under center.

Cam's safety and survival rate is currently higher in the gun. He has more time to react. 

I mean adding play action looks with Cam under center would be giving the middle finger to Cam at this point.  He would be destroyed 

True but the threat of the run should take some pressure off of Cam. Without Stewart the only runner teams have to worry about is Cam. Give Cap some traditional run formations and lead blocking and see what happens. I mean it can't really get any worse.

Archived