• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Was changing both tackle position a big mistake?

Jeremy Igo

Last week I predicted Donald Hawkins would start because the Panthers would not want to downgrade both tackle positions by putting Remmers at left and Williams at right. I was wrong, and it turned out terrible. 

Should the Panthers consider keeping Remmers on the right and starting Hawkins on the left? Could it be worse? 

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Last week I predicted Donald Hawkins would start because the Panthers would not want to downgrade both tackle positions by putting Remmers at left and Williams at right. I was wrong, and it turned out terrible. 

Should the Panthers consider keeping Remmers on the right and starting Hawkins on the left? Could it be worse? 

When you put that out there before the game, I benched Cam in fantasy. That's how much of a mistake I thought it was. To no surprise, I started Stafford and that proved an even bigger mistake but that's beside the point.

At least with Hawkins, we could've had a better idea which side needed more help. Instead, we gave the Falcons more options on where to attack. 

Anderson didn't look half as troubled as Cam did, is the line bad yep but I think Cam would get sacked regularly with Joe Staley protecting him. Whether that's down to long developing routes, guys incapable of getting a good release and being open or him holding the ball for what feels like an eternity! It's always been his issue but this year he seems to think he can take 5 seconds every throw.
The tackles are a mess but they are more than serviceable that was proven last year and at times this year.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Honestly at this point I don't think it would matter who we put where. Teams have figured out our max protect plan and just green dog blitz us anytime we keep extra guys in. Combine that with the fact our wrs are unable to get open so Cam has no outlets to throw too and we are screwed. Unless we have a couple hall of fame caliber tackles hidden somewhere we are in for a long ass season. Hell I'd take not turnstile level tackles at this point. Damn I miss Jordan Gross.

Archived