• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston demoted?

Jeremy Igo

43 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's impossible to judge DBs in a zone heavy scheme without knowing the play call. That's what that means. Rivera's comments and Luke repeatedly yelling at Boston on the field tells me who's screwing up.

The CBs yelling at Coleman doesn't?

1 minute ago, jptaylor84 said:

Not sure why we wouldn't install Jeremy Cash at safety.
I mean he's taking up a roster spot at LB when will be play there? it's his position he had in college and was a dam good safety, the slight was his size. He's gained some so can he be much worse?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Eh, he was a "safety" in college in name only. He played as a LB.

1 minute ago, jptaylor84 said:

Not sure why we wouldn't install Jeremy Cash at safety.
I mean he's taking up a roster spot at LB when will be play there? it's his position he had in college and was a dam good safety, the slight was his size. He's gained some so can he be much worse?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

because he was essentially a LB at Duke, he could just get away with being smaller and undersized there because it's college. 

That and his coverage skills are significantly lacking. Great at stopping the run though. 

2 hours ago, VerticalThreat said:

Agreed. Which would have a bigger impact if you could only trade for one: a starter-caliber safety or defensive end?

The only guy that immediately comes to mind for me under the "I'd trade for that guy and it could conceivably be reasonable" category is Danielle Hunter of the Vikings.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The only guy that immediately comes to mind for me under the "I'd trade for that guy and it could conceivably be reasonable" category is Danielle Hunter of the Vikings.

I'd take him in a heartbeat but no way are the Vikings giving him up for anything reasonable. 3rd round pick last year that had 6 sacks as rookie and he has 3 through 3 games this year. He'd be looked at as their future franchise pass rusher once Everson Griffen, age 28, hits the age cliff. You don't give those up for something reasonable.

Just now, Bartin said:

I'd take him in a heartbeat but no way are the Vikings giving him up for anything reasonable. 3rd round pick last year that had 6 sacks as rookie and he has 3 through 3 games this year. He'd be looked at as their future franchise pass rusher once Everson Griffen, age 28, hits the age cliff. You don't give those up for something reasonable.

I'll grant I'm possibly being liberal with the word 'conceivably'.

I'd at least offer a third and a lower round pick or a player.

2 hours ago, PhillyB said:

griffen was late coming over the top a number of times. i wasn't impressed.

if there was ever a place for a trade i think safety would be it. remember the effect the midseason chris harris trade had a decade back? yeah that would be great about now.

Yeah, and when Griffin was in position he got outran. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'll grant I'm possibly being liberal with the word 'conceivably'.

I'd at least offer a third and a lower round pick or a player.

Someone like Derrick Morgan of the Titans is the best I think we could do without giving up too much. Titans suck, are looking to get picks and they've got Orakpo and Dodd to be their edge rushers.

He's somewhat decent and the Titans might be willing to part with him for a 6th or something. He's got a somewhat sizable contract($6M/year) with two years left on it that they might be happy to get out of.

2 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Someone like Derrick Morgan of the Titans is the best I think we could do without giving up too much. Titans suck, are looking to get picks and they've got Orakpo and Dodd to be their edge rushers.

So that's what he's doing since he quit the BAU...

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Who do you trust, the best LB in the game and former defensive POY or our CBs?  I trust Coleman to know the scheme better than our CBs.

Watch the highlights and tell me which play was on Boston? Coleman and Jones were the safeties when Worley got beat the first time. you trust that the call was to put Worley in single coverage with the most physically dominant WR in the NFL?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016100201/2016/REG4/panthers@falcons#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000714161&tab=videos

Boston took one bad angle but still made the tackle on Julio. He wasn't even on the field for the totally blown coverage TD to the TE or the sideline TD to the other WR. 

There's zero evidence that he is the cause of big plays and it goes back to last year. They gave up tons of big plays in NO, NYG, ATL, SEA when he was only on the field briefly in the first half vs Seattle. 

30 minutes ago, ShutDwn said:

Watch the highlights and tell me which play was on Boston? Coleman and Jones were the safeties when Worley got beat the first time. you trust that the call was to put Worley in single coverage with the most physically dominant WR in the NFL?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016100201/2016/REG4/panthers@falcons#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000714161&tab=videos

Boston took one bad angle but still made the tackle on Julio. He wasn't even on the field for the totally blown coverage TD to the TE or the sideline TD to the other WR. 

There's zero evidence that he is the cause of big plays and it goes back to last year. They gave up tons of big plays in NO, NYG, ATL, SEA when he was only on the field briefly in the first half vs Seattle. 

Did you miss the part where I said that it's usually all but impossible to truly tell who is to blame on a busted coverage in a zone heavy scheme? Did you also miss the part where I said I was saying this half jokingly and that Boston isn't always to blame?

All I'm saying is that I've been watching Boston since he first arrived in Chapel Hill and secondaries blowing coverages and Boston at safety go hand in hand and that Luke telling at Boston after a play is becoming commonplace.

Archived