• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Live Thread - Watching the game now, general play by play observations

Jeremy Igo

18 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

For a supposed running team it is embarrassing how few resources have actually been used to create a viable running game.

IMO, the problem is that they have been relying on the zone read plays for too long instead of using a conventional running game. It's really hard to do that zone stuff with a RB and QB who haven't worked together very much and Cam needs to phase that out anyway because he's taking too many hits that way.

I don't buy CAP not being in synch per se. Dude played in zone read all thru college.

Many of the reads were just bad. This team just isn't focused or engaged like last year. Hopefully they get dialed in this week or it's a top 10 draft pick coming up.

1 minute ago, pstall said:

I don't buy CAP not being in synch per se. Dude played in zone read all thru college.

Many of the reads were just bad. This team just isn't focused or engaged like last year. Hopefully they get dialed in this week or it's a top 10 draft pick coming up.

I think that's the biggest thing.  Last year, they were amped up, ready to rumble.  This year, not at all.  It's like they came out Hot against Denver's D, then pooed the bed (while Cam got the poo knocked out of him), came within a FG of winning, and then the air was just let out of the bag.  

We had some early success against the 49ers, but almost fell apart at the end.  You did see some fire come out as we slammed the door shut there.

Then against Minny, we played really well early on, but once Minny changed things up and knocked us on our tails a bit, you saw the team deflate.

Then Atlanta just came out and gave us an old school whooping.  As Igo said, low energy, no one wanted to be there.  That's a coaching and leadership thing there.  These guys need to be angry and fighting for jobs.

I think there is still hope for the season if they can get over this mental block.  But if they want to go to the big dance again, they need to play better.  period.

Archived