• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Live Thread - Watching the game now, general play by play observations

Jeremy Igo

17 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

Simple observation here. Mike Tolbert, just what does the 2014-2016 Mike Tolbert do to honestly justify his place on the roster? Not trying to bash mike...just trying real hard to understand.

What Ron wants out of his running backs:

Veteran Presence.

30 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

What Ron wants out of his running backs:

Veteran Presence.

My point exactly...if we want veteran presence, we should have kept Charles Tillman. But seeing as how Stewart is less than durable, we desparately need production out of our running backs...remembers SB50? Stewart goes down, and we have nobody capable of stepping in.

7 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Was hoping someone would pick up on that. Interesting huh?

I wish i could go back and find the thread but i believe it was back in the spring.  One of the huddlers said they were on vacay somewhere like dominican republic and just so happened to be staying at the same resort as a couple of falcons OL.  The huddler was shocked when he talked football and they mentioned Star as they toughest DL to face on our team and one of the toughest in the league.  He mentioned he was expecting them to say KK as dominant as he was.

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

I wish i could go back and find the thread but i believe it was back in the spring.  One of the huddlers said they were on vacay somewhere like dominican republic and just so happened to be staying at the same resort as a couple of falcons OL.  The huddler was shocked when he talked football and they mentioned Star as they toughest DL to face on our team and one of the toughest in the league.  He mentioned he was expecting them to say KK as dominant as he was.

I think Star is gonna come on strong after the bye week if he can improve his pass rushing moves he can be a top 10 DT in the league. 

9 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

3rd and 5, looking for Olsen, never gets off him. KB and Dickson open. 

Remmers destroyed on spin move here. 

Untitled-1.jpg

pass incomplete, Cam hit. 

Cam throws a bullet, number 4x picks it if he goes to KB, Dickson is taken down at the knees or the route is jumped given Cam's stance. 

Here is one of many Julio Jones long receptions. 

Bene on man coverage gets beat as he presses Jones at the line, was not playing off. 

Untitled-12.jpg

My question: Why are Colin Jones and Kurt Coleman within a yard of each other in the middle of the field and no one is there to help Bene? Hopefully Coleman messed up, because if Bene was expected to press the best receiver and then keep up with him down the field with no help.... that is on the coaches. 

Saw this replay, yup it was on Coleman. He bit on the seam route even though it was already covered and left Worley 1 on 1 with Jones. Kurt has great instincts but they failed him on this play, not sure how you forget about Julio?

Also, it is time to retire this play. Never works and only gets Cam hit. 

giphy.gif

Yeah this ish is why I started the thread during the game yesterday asking how long Cam can survive Shula. Just because Cam is an incredible specimen and can do something doesn't mean he should. We don't want him having a RB length career. We want him to lead the Panthers for the next decade. No chance this happens in our current state. We need to protect Cam with a competent Oline and smart play calls. This needs to be an organization wide focus.

20 hours ago, jayflip said:

Damn. Dickson didn't have a chance at the sticks but KB coulda fallen over for the first. 

Seeing Freeney with a clean shot at cam and 74 doing his best Byron Bell impersonation is frightening. 

KB being wide open was the first thing I noticed about that play. Cam didn't even look at him.

Archived