• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Live Thread - Watching the game now, general play by play observations

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Lemory said:

Thats something that ive been wondering about. It seems like Cam isn't looking at the whole field but locking in on either KB or Olsen. Plus the fact that he is getting constant pressure is probably making him look at the D-Line rather than down field.

This is what I was thinking as well.. last year he was forced to spread the ball around. seems to be only locking in on KB at times when ther are other targets open.

2 hours ago, nosuchthingasapanther said:

step or no step, at some point newton has to acknowledge that olsen draws coverage and consistently leaves someone like benjamin open or with single coverage and trust him enough to just give him the ball.

it's maddening to see benjamin overlooked time and time again.

or all the others that are on the field that were key to our offense last year.

5 minutes ago, 76west said:

This is what I was thinking as well.. last year he was forced to spread the ball around. seems to be only locking in on KB at times when ther are other targets open.

You know, I'm all for spreading the ball around, but i seriously don't think anybody was sitting on the Falcons sideline yesterday going "Maybe we shouldn't throw to Julio so much".

If he's open, throw it.

1 hour ago, amcoolio said:

What the hell are 10 and 60 doing on this play? Maybe we are being too hard on Shula. Execution has been piss poor in these screen shots.

Fault also lies on 1 for not giving the ball to 35. All the receivers are blocking (well all but 10)

looks like 10 was not blocking because he was expecting the pass to come to him..hands and body in position right before cam tries to run.

1 hour ago, truthjuice said:

Lmao at philly. He's just kind of there lmao. Cam doesn't trust them at all and he doesn't trust himself. I agree with you about this being an execution effort as well. Sometimes it's like they don't practice the game plan.

How can he not trust them.. the same group from last year. minus KB

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

3rd and 5, looking for Olsen, never gets off him. KB and Dickson open. 

Remmers destroyed on spin move here. 

Untitled-1.jpg

pass incomplete, Cam hit. 

I know there's more to the play than just this moment, but based on this pic alone Cam would have to turn into an oncoming defender to find Dickson (bad move that could result in sack or sack/fumble) and an attempt to KB is waiting to be intercepted by the LB underneath unless Cam throws pretty damn high or outside (possibly catchable with KB's length). So based on this pic I'd say he made the right read.

4 minutes ago, 76west said:

Well if my offensive line couldn't keep me upright half the time, I wouldn't trust you either. This started in Denver. They're out of sync and he's not trusting what he has or himself. This is no crime. You find the problem and correct it. And if you let Ron tell it, they're learning to play together with the tools they have. Translation: they don't trust each other right now. 

9 minutes ago, 76west said:

To be fair, minus Oher and Stewart yesterday too.

Still, that was a really poorly worded answer.

And unfortunately, it may not have been his worst one.

10 minutes ago, truthjuice said:

Well if my offensive line couldn't keep me upright half the time, I wouldn't trust you either. This started in Denver. They're out of sync and he's not trusting what he has or himself. This is no crime. You find the problem and correct it. And if you let Ron tell it, they're learning to play together with the tools they have. Translation: they don't trust each other right now. 

That's a fair assessment. I agree. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

You know, I'm all for spreading the ball around, but i seriously don't think anybody was sitting on the Falcons sideline yesterday going "Maybe we shouldn't throw to Julio so much".

If he's open, throw it.

Your right about that..they saw single coverage on him and just put on a clinic.

1 minute ago, 76west said:

Your right about that..they saw single coverage on him and just put on a clinic.

The formula's pretty simple.

Guy's open?  Throw it to him.

He keeps getting open?  Keep throwing it to him.

They put two guys on that guy because he keeps getting open?  Somebody else is probably open so throw it to them.

I don't really care about lack of distribution if it's winning.

3 hours ago, nosuchthingasapanther said:

step or no step, at some point newton has to acknowledge that olsen draws coverage and consistently leaves someone like benjamin open or with single coverage and trust him enough to just give him the ball.

it's maddening to see benjamin overlooked time and time again.

I said the same thing about the loss to Vikings. Once it was 13 all by himself and then 19. Cam never ever looked at either and threw into double coverage 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The formula's pretty simple.

Guy's open?  Throw it to him.

He keeps getting open?  Keep throwing it to him.

They put two guys on that guy because he keeps getting open?  Somebody else is probably open so throw it to them.

I don't really care about lack of distribution if it's winning.

that't the problem we are not winning and not moving the ball around. can't even go there on the other side of the ball..1 key player is missing Norman but I know we have to move on but at this point with who and when.

Archived