• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Live Thread - Watching the game now, general play by play observations

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, CatMan72 said:

Add no consistent running game to the list. I've never seen so many bad exchanges on running plays. CAP and Cam seem to be totally out of sync and I don't see any burst from Tolbert. 

I'd have to agree.

If Stewart is back, I'd rather see Artis-Payne in Tolbert's role.

Hate to say it, but we probably need a new RB next year.

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Also, it is time to retire this play. Never works and only gets Cam hit. 

giphy.gif

What the hell are 10 and 60 doing on this play? Maybe we are being too hard on Shula. Execution has been piss poor in these screen shots.

Fault also lies on 1 for not giving the ball to 35. All the receivers are blocking (well all but 10)

1 minute ago, amcoolio said:

What the hell are 10 and 60 doing on this play? Maybe we are being too hard on Shula. Execution has been piss poor in these screen shots.

Fault also lies on 1 for not giving the ball to 35. All the receivers are blocking (well all but 10)

Brown expected a screen pass. Isnt that what it looks like? He immediately turns and expects a pass. Even puts his hands out!

So, was that a busted play or were people not on the same page?

1 minute ago, amcoolio said:

Lmao at philly. He's just kind of there lmao. Cam doesn't trust them at all and he doesn't trust himself. I agree with you about this being an execution effort as well. Sometimes it's like they don't practice the game plan. 

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Also, it is time to retire this play. Never works and only gets Cam hit. 

giphy.gif

Defenses have learned to play Cam, no fear of anyone else running the ball on our team with Stew out. You can see they've assigned two players to read Cam from the moment the ball is snapped. 

Cam read this poorly, should have recognized Beasley was playing him all the way. Williams did his job by getting to the 2nd level but missed his block. 

Oh and notice Philly, Olsen passes off # 22 and Philly is supposed to engage, but never does. 

3 minutes ago, Daeavorn said:

Brown expected a screen pass. Isnt that what it looks like? He immediately turns and expects a pass. Even puts his hands out!

So, was that a busted play or were people not on the same page?

He's faking the screen to stall the defenders, then he's supposed to go get a block and never does. 

Might be time to abandon the read option completely. If they want to run Cam, then do direct runs. It would be nice to have a RB that can handle the bulk load of carries. I like the combination that the Falcons have in Coleman and Freeman. Also, as many have already mentioned, Tolbert is done. All he does is get stoned in the backfield and he can not block. 

Archived