• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Live Thread - Watching the game now, general play by play observations

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

3rd and 5, looking for Olsen, never gets off him. KB and Dickson open. 

Remmers destroyed on spin move here. 

Untitled-1.jpg

pass incomplete, Cam hit. 

Was that LB/S running himself out of the play or spying Cam? From this picture it looks like someone is more or less directly between KB and Cam.

7 minutes ago, jayflip said:

Damn. Dickson didn't have a chance at the sticks but KB coulda fallen over for the first. 

The only thing I can say is that there *is* a defender between Cam and KB, so he either didn't think he could make that throw through the defender or he didn't see KB *because* of the defender.

A throw to Dickson and Dickson gets tackled easily at the catch by the defender ready for the play.

All I can see is yet another 7 step drop putting Cam 9 yards behind the LOS as a target for speed rushers.  Haven't we been here before?

Just now, nosuchthingasapanther said:

step or no step, at some point newton has to acknowledge that olsen draws coverage and consistently leaves someone like benjamin open or with single coverage and trust him enough to just give him the ball.

it's maddening to see benjamin overlooked time and time again.

i'm pretty sure i said KB was the play there haha

but regardless olsen has room for the catch if Cam puts a better throw on him..again, Cam is pressing and it's affecting his mechanics and decision making

cam still isn't checking down when it matters. he only seems to consistently do it on 3rd and long when the little chunk yardage we could be gaining the first two downs is useless. he's either on his back or is holding the ball to try and make a big play.

23 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Atlanta first play from scrimmage on offense. 

Panthers bring 7 defenders. Thomas Davis clearly held, no call. 

Untitled-2.jpg

Result, one of many Julio Jones receptions. 

At least CJ is near the QB. Ealy was chipped and taken out of the play. 

I noticed a LOT of Oline holding by ATL that wasn't called yesterday.  Sure, there's holding all the time in the NFL that isn't called and it's certainly not why we lost, I just saw some pretty obvious, play affecting holds that normally get called that weren't.

As for the pass rush, the DE's kept getting too deep and with no interior push, Ryan could just side step them and throw the ball to a continuously wide-open and uncovered #11.

That first down to Kelvin is what the Panthers need more of desperately from Cam. Ball out within two seconds, laser for a first down. Kelvin is a mismatch out there 100% of the time. Time to start treating him like on when opposition blitzes and he is one on one. 

Archived