• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About that popular yahoo article...

Jeremy Igo

25 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Well the Seahawks paid their top Corner..., the Pats have gone all in several times most recently by again paying a top corner a lot of money in Revis. The steelers also keep their guys with issues off the field. 

Not sure what you're getting at or how these scenarios are similar to the Panthers. 

7 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

You sound like a spoiled kid that's mad he got the newest Iphone.  This team has been turned around in a short amount of time and fans are really acting spoiled. Y'all act like we didn't go to the SB last year. Buckle up buttercup it's a long season. Gettleman deserves the benefit of the doubt regardless of a 1-3 start. 

I can't be anymore clear when I say this.

NO THE fug HE DOESN'T.

There no excuses, there's a million different scenarios we could have took this offseason that not only would have put us in position for a Super Bowl run this year but also allow us to sign our young guys who deserve a contract......tired of seeing cam get murdered in the pocket 

3 hours ago, 15 said:

and thank God it isn't because otherwise we would have Antonio Cromartie on one side and either an overpaid Norman on the other side or some other former "big name" defensive back that would get burnt too.

then we still wouldn't win a superbowl and go back into cap hell as we watched young players like KK, Star, KB, and Turner playing for other teams while we continued to bring in big name band-aid players to get by while Cam and Luke enter the twilight of their careers. 

Sounds like the Bucs front office..... eerie!

A hold out was not looming with Norman. He was ready to play. It was posturing. Gettleman decided Norman did not fit his plan.

The Panthers OTs did get a reprieve last year from speed rushers for most of the season. Rarely were they tested outside of the Falcons and Broncos. Bell and Chandler could have pulled off the same against the poor pass rushers the Panthers faced last season. It was like going up against Kony Ealy just about every week.

That $19m could have been used to rent some players for one or two seasons with little impact on next year's cap. Instead it sits under Gettleman's mattress.

Again one of the worst OT duos in the NFL was rarely test last season due to the scheduling Gods.

It is not just swapping Norman for Bradberry. The Panthers also moved Coleman to SS, started Boston at FS, replaced Tillman with Worley, have a slower Bene at nickel, kept McClain as depth, moved an inconsistent and undisciplined Ealy into Allen's spot, demotivated CJ, Addison struggles to fill Ealy's impact in the back up role, and Philly Brown continues to look bad in Cotchery's old role.

This allows the Panthers' opponents many more targets compared to last season.

2 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

A hold out was not looming with Norman. He was ready to play. It was posturing. Gettleman decided Norman did not fit his plan.

The Panthers OTs did get a reprieve last year from speed rushers for most of the season. Rarely were they tested outside of the Falcons and Broncos. Bell and Chandler could have pulled off the same against the poor pass rushers the Panthers faced last season. It was like going up against Kony Ealy just about every week.

That $19m could have been used to rent some players for one or two seasons with little impact on next year's cap. Instead it sits under Gettleman's mattress.

Again one of the worst OT duos in the NFL was rarely test last season due to the scheduling Gods.

It is not just swapping Norman for Bradberry. The Panthers also moved Coleman to SS, started Boston at FS, replaced Tillman with Worley, have a slower Bene at nickel, kept McClain as depth, moved an inconsistent and undisciplined Ealy into Allen's spot, demotivated CJ, Addison struggles to fill Ealy's impact in the back up role, and Philly Brown continues to look bad in Cotchery's old role.

i just wanted to say philly has looked damn good compared to cockery 

This is all coaching. The loss of Josh does not make the number one offense last year, with the addition of Kelvin, this bad! The offense should of course be better than last year if Shula did his job. Regarding the defense, I hate to admit it, but Harper probably had a bigger influence in the secondary than we could imagine. A top 5 defense does not become this bad just because of Josh. But when we loose two leaders back there, and Tre don't step up, this is the result. Yes, Harper couldn't tackle, but at least the secondary was in the right place with him in control back there. Now it's just chaos, with Ron admitting at the presser that Bene should have had help over the top, and not be one-on-one against Julio (many times)...

agree with me or not, but I think it is safe to say that the Oher/Remmers experiment is dwindling downwards.  Yes, we won 15 games last year and went to the super bowl, but our loses have come with glaring evidence that the tackle position is one of the focal points of these loses.  We are asking two tackles who would be backups on majority of the other NFL teams to protect our $100 million Franchise/Face of the organization Quarterback.  Our tackle position has been sufficient since the departure of Jordan Gross.  I really do believe in Gettleman and think he has put the right pieces on this team to be successful for many years ahead of us.  I am merely frustrated with the fact that he hasn't taken more action with upgrading our Offensive line.   Gettleman has drafted 1 Tackle and 1 Guard since his been the Gm.  Now, there is way more blame or finger pointing to go around than just to put it on GM. If anything he should still be praised for turning this franchise around (with the help of Ron/Sean/Big Cat, etc.).  Really interested to see what happens next year when Norwell and Turner need to get paid. 

Overall we have the current pieces to still be successful this year with making the necessary adjustments.  I just don't believe Remmers/Oher are our future. 

My 2 cents.

The era of the Gettleman apologists is coming to an end. His fingerprints are all over this team. This is his baby! The buck stops with him.

What I am beginning to wonder is whether or not he is good at adapting to the flow of the game, so to speak. He can't be stuck in his ways and ego so much that his methods and beliefs are to the detriment of the team. I mean, sometimes one must adapt to the situation. Methodologies and formulas are fine, but you have to know when to stick to them, and when to deviate considering circumstances. For example: He probably should have stuck to the norm and let the Norman thing play out. He didn't, and that pretty much threw his whole philosophy of drafting off...except as it pertained to his beloved high pick hog mollies and stacking up at a position that arguably was already strong. Some might call it hogging at certain positions to the detriment of others. 

10 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Guy who actually has inside access and talked to Norman says he would have held out.

Guy who's a well known fraud / fake / phony / liar that's been caught numerous times making stuff up says otherwise.

Hmmmm...Whom to believe?

Archived