• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About that popular yahoo article...

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Did it matter against Seattle and Arizona?

Defensive Turnovers was the reason we won those  games and  others in 2015 not the OT's buddy, I know your trying to save your face litte bit because you agreed with those moves. DG is a good GM but he fugged up big time not addressing the offensive issues for several years. 

4 hours ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Everything he just described here went 17-2 just last season. This claim doesn’t come close to holding up.

LOLZ, what?  Yes the fug it does.  

“Ask other pro personnel evaluators about Oher, who was out with a concussion Sunday. What they tell you is this: He’s a mediocre player who is viewed by the Panthers as serviceable largely because he doesn’t require an elite left tackle salary. He is cost-efficient. Sound familiar? And right tackle Mike Remmers, who filled in for Oher on Sunday? One personnel evaluator told Yahoo Sports on Sunday that Remmers likely wouldn’t be a starting tackle for most other NFL teams.”

Again, this tackle duo went 17-2 last year in an offense that ranked 1st in scoring. Does a 1-3 record now erase that? Hardly.

LOLZ, LOLZ, LOLZ, yes the fug it does.  Remmers is fuging TRASHHHHHHHHHHHH.  He's so fuging bad dude.  Oh my God he is awful.  Oher is average, but we all knew that.  Both these guys are backups at best.  Something needs to be done about this quickly.  

this is exactly my problem. just because we won in spite of certain players last year doesnt mean that we can just leave it alone and not address it. you know how the saying goes, if you arent getting better, you're getting worse. Other than WR, which we only improved because we got an injured player back, where on the roster did we get better? honest question

46 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

this is exactly my problem. just because we won in spite of certain players last year doesnt mean that we can just leave it alone and not address it. you know how the saying goes, if you arent getting better, you're getting worse. Other than WR, which we only improved because we got an injured player back, where on the roster did we get better? honest question

This to the 10th power, S,OT,DE,CB all got worse since last year.....and we tried signing scrubs and drafting 3 CB's to fill the void....one or two quality FA's would have made a huge difference.....

5 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

See, I think this is exactly what gets teams into trouble and what you should not do. 

Which would you rather have a super bowl win followed by three years of missing the playoffs or make the playoffs for three straight years and never win the super bowl? Of course it's high risk high reward but at some point you have to push all of your chips to the center of the table. We can laugh at the saints all day long but they have something we're still trying to get and you'll never get there with these mini rebuilds every year. 

5 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Which would you rather have a super bowl win followed by three years of missing the playoffs or make the playoffs for three straight years and never win the super bowl? Of course it's high risk high reward but at some point you have to push all of your chips to the center of the table. We can laugh at the saints all day long but they have something we're still trying to get and you'll never get there with these mini rebuilds every year. 

I'd rather have what the Pats, Steelers, Seahwaks, etc.... have. A Super Bowl win or multiple wins and always in contention. Mortgaging our future by going "all-in" doesn't give you that.

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Didn't expect you to.  It's Zod's site, not mine.

But seriously dude, I think you've got a panic button permanently attached to your thumb, especially when it comes to Newton.

I acknowledge he has issues, but I'm looking deeper at the reasons.  Some of them may be his fault, but definitely not all of them.

And a big part of it was I think we expected him to be "Superman" for longer than was reasonable.

I get a bad rap when it comes to my supposed Cam hate. That couldn't be farther from the truth. I've almost come to blows with a coworker for him relentlessly badmouthing him. 

It's just on this particular site that people seem leery to make threads to criticize him. And I get why! There has been insane hyperbolic hate on him by other NFL fans and even some possibly racist Panthers fans since he got here! I get why people want this to be a safe space. But If I feel that it's warranted to make a thread to criticize him for something, I'll do it. I think we can have a rational discussion of what Cam does right and what he does wrong without being a racist or blind hater one way or a slurping fanboy the other.

At least until this season started, I'd say Cam was the 2nd best QB in the league. It's possible he'll get back to that later in the season. He just sure isn't playing like that right now.

45 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

I'd rather have what the Pats, Steelers, Seahwaks, etc.... have. A Super Bowl win or multiple wins and always in contention. Mortgaging our future by going "all-in" doesn't give you that.

Well the Seahawks paid their top Corner..., the Pats have gone all in several times most recently by again paying a top corner a lot of money in Revis. The steelers also keep their guys with issues off the field. 

3 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Well the Seahawks paid their top Corner..., the Pats have gone all in several times most recently by again paying a top corner a lot of money in Revis. The steelers also keep their guys with issues off the field. 

Russell was on a 3rd round rookie contract of course they paid Sherman. Revis was a 1-year deal. The steelers let Sanders and Wallace go.

43 minutes ago, 15 said:

please show me the last team to be struggling mid season and then go on a rampage trading picks and players to get new starters which resulted in a suprerbowl. 

Didn't say midseason but I can show you the Broncos loading up on defense in the offseason that got them a Super Bowl and I can show you the patriots going out and trading for Revis and signing Browner. Moves this team would have never done that. Well wait we did trade for a punter...

2 minutes ago, carolinajay said:

Russell was on a 3rd round rookie contract of course they paid Sherman. Revis was a 1-year deal. The steelers let Sanders and Wallace go.

You could say that about Wilson, but ain't like he didn't get paid too. Good teams pay their guys we try to replace them for cheap. 

3 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

You could say that about Wilson, but ain't like he didn't get paid too. Good teams pay their guys we try to replace them for cheap

Sherman got his deal after the Super Bowl and Russell still had 2-years left on his rookie deal, they could afford to pay top corner (Sherman) / top safeties (Thomas / Kam) money when a starting QB is making $1M a year.

The panthers paid Cam/Luke/TD/Olsen you know the core guys plus other supporting cast type of players.

Archived