• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About that popular yahoo article...

Jeremy Igo

35 minutes ago, CRA said:

Simple and plain.  In terms of winning in 2016 and assuming a healthy squad....We have legit personnel issues at DE, DB, OT.  Those were discussed at length this offseason.  That is leaving out issues discussed we needed to simply work to improve on.

That is Gettlemen's fault.  If he was going to bail on Norman, he needed to plan accordingly.  He didn't.  Because in fact he wasn't planning to bail on Norman in 2016.  He needed to immediately improve our DE spot and do more than draft rookies at DB if he was bailing on him.  OT was a weakness all year but one they simply are willing to save money on because Cam is built like a F150 and has moves.  But Gettlemen bailed on Norman at the last minute and caused him to do what he claims he never does (REACH in the draft for need). 

Gettlemen didn't have a good offseason.  First one.  But he should be called on it.  Did we improve at any spot this offseason because of Gettlemen?  Prior to the disappointing starts.....I don't recall anyone claiming Gettlemen improved us in an area or addressed a weak spot.   So I also do buy people acting like this is an overreaction to poor play.  I mean, some of this stuff was obviously coming this season and was discussed before hand.

I mean, if you are going to bash Cam or Shula or Ron?  That is fine.  Don't exclude Gettlemen, though. He doesn't deserve a pass if one chooses to enter the knock Carolina talk.

Yeah, there is plenty of blame to go around 

2 minutes ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

You're always a good read (if a little too Panthers Pravda), but I'm not paying $5 per month to read your stuff.

Didn't expect you to.  It's Zod's site, not mine.

But seriously dude, I think you've got a panic button permanently attached to your thumb, especially when it comes to Newton.

I acknowledge he has issues, but I'm looking deeper at the reasons.  Some of them may be his fault, but definitely not all of them.

And a big part of it was I think we expected him to be "Superman" for longer than was reasonable.

Gettleman has been and always will be a mediocre GM. That's just the truth. He's an old man hoarding money like you get bonus points for having. What future is he trying to protect? The time to win is now. You load up and give it everything you have now because this team was ready. You can't completely rebuild a position every offseason. Every time we have a winning season this same poo happens. So it's not only on Gettleman, but JR as well. Why the hell cant we field a winning team for two straight years? 

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Gettleman has been and always will be a mediocre GM. That's just the truth. He's an old man hoarding money like you get bonus points for having. What future is he trying to protect? The time to win is now. You load up and give it everything you have now because this team was ready. You can't completely rebuild a position every offseason. Every time we have a winning season this same poo happens. So it's not only on Gettleman, but JR as well. Why the hell cant we field a winning team for two straight years? 

Yeah, last season sure sucked, didn't it?

1 hour ago, truthjuice said:

My attitude would be bad too if I had to constantly pick myself up off of the ground and I'm forcing my body to play hurt, just saying. That taunting call was meaningless and so not necessary. The defender was in his face, but that's something Cam does. The refs were obviously nitpicking. 

You know it wasn't for the first down point but for throwing the ball into the defender right?

Gettleman is a cap hero, a very good money manager, he also has a knack for finding diamonds in the rough, but let's not put all these draft successes in his back, he doesn't draw up a list and say go get me this guy that guy! He just has a final say on 1 guy out of about 12 per position, our scouts do the hardwork, so when he strikes gold it's on him when he doesn't he also needs to take accountability.. I didn't judge his free agency due to cap restraints but the last two seasons he's had more wiggle room and he's totally faceplanted the floor on both occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, last season sure sucked, didn't it?

Stop living off last season. Cam played at a astronomical level last season that no QB in the NFL can sustain on yearly basis.

Even with Cam last year, our receivers and line were mediocre to terrible at times. We led the NFL in TD drops, yards lost to drops and our WR were second to last in YAC. The O-line was max protection or bust. Cam was still getting hit a a lot last year and was top 10 in sacks per pass attempt.

Just now, truthjuice said:

Still picking because the defender did push him didn't he? Why not be consistent and call offsetting penalties?? 

Because the guy who retaliates is always the guy who gets flagged.

No, it's not fair, but it's reality.

This is on DG point blank, whether we make the playoffs going forward will depend on if Rivera and co. Can somehow scheme around our weakness.  Last season was a curse and blessing in disguise....everyone is quick to scream 15-1 but fail to realize unlike the Broncos we've gotten worse as a team 

25 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

See, I think this is exactly what gets teams into trouble and what you should not do. 

9 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

This is on DG point blank, whether we make the playoffs going forward will depend on if Rivera and co. Can somehow scheme around our weakness.  Last season was a curse and blessing in disguise....everyone is quick to scream 15-1 but fail to realize unlike the Broncos we've gotten worse as a team 

Yep your right on point, riding Cam's coattail to a 15-1 season inflated Gettleman's already huge ego to celestial levels.

He got complacent , didn't even try to improve the offense

Archived