• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About that popular yahoo article...

Jeremy Igo

34 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Hey man, hows Remmers doing?  Better than Doug Free right?  Please, stop talking Mr. "Football Historian"

You haven't really answered Zod's question.

Oh, I know, the Super Bowl is the only game that actually counts.  It's not like they play other games to get there or anything.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You haven't really answered Zod's question.

Oh, I know, the Super Bowl is the only game that actually counts.  It's not like they play other games to get there or anything.

oh, okay.  Who else is Mr. Remmers better than "Football Historian?"  Tell me more oh wise one.  

Also, his answers to everything point towards last year.  When in reality we're 4-5 in our last 9 games.  

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Some successful offensive tackles...

Joe Staley, 49ers : Round 1, Pick 28
Mitchell Schwartz, Chiefs : Round 2, Pick 37
Cordy Glenn, Bills : Round 2, Pick 41
Terron Armstead, Saints : Round 3, Pick 75
David Bakhtiari, Packers : Round 4, Pick 109

And some not so successful ones...

Eric Fisher, Chiefs : Round 1, Pick 1
Luke Joeckel, Jaguars : Round 1, Pick 2
Matt Kalil, Vikings : Round 1, Pick 4
Ereck Flowers, Giants : Round 1, Pick 9
Taylor Lewan, Titans : Round 1, Pick 11
Andrus Peat, Saints : Round 1, Pick 13

Likewise, some successful defensive ends...

Muhammad Wilkerson, Jets : Round 1, Pick 30
Charles Johnson, Panthers : Round 3, Pick 83
Everson Griffin, Vikings : Round 4, Pick 100
Geno Atkins, Bengals : Round 4, Pick 120
Michael Bennett, Seahawks : Undrafted

And some...less so...

Tyson Jackson, Chiefs : Round 1, Pick 3
Vernon Gholston, Jets : Round 1, Pick 6
Derrick Harvey, Jaguars : Round 1, Pick 8
Aaron Maybin, Bills : Round 1, Pick 11
Erasmus James, Vikings : Round 1, Pick 18

Great information... I guess my point was more that it becomes a lot more of a crap-shoot at that point in the draft. I know that even some of the high first rounders don't pan out but it becomes a lot more of a guessing game. Also, for every successful late-round OL or DE you mention above, I would guess there are 2-3 busts in the same round. Knowing that our GM is strictly BPA, I don't see a DE or OL ever being the pick for us in the first few rounds.

The problem is, right or wrong, when you brag to the media about what a hard ass you are after an unprecedented move in rescinding the tag from the top corner on the market, you invite both attention and criticism.  He wanted the spotlight, he's got it.

2 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

oh, okay.  Who else is Mr. Remmers better than "Football Historian?"  Tell me more oh wise one.  

Pretty much anybody who's unemployed right now, more than likely anyone available via trade without us getting raped, and Daryl Williams.

Just now, hepcat said:

When he's off, the Panthers get blown out. When he's on, he wins MVP. Sound familiar?

Ask yourself this.

Why does he always seem "off" when we can't run the damn ball to save our lives (No Stewart, and Cam led the team in rushing, again) while the offensive line is consistently getting blown up by even mediocre defensive lines?

What quarterback in his prime is going to look utterly fantastic week in, and week out under those circumstances?

Someone tell me.

I'm literally disgusted with our fanbase right now. I thought last year we turned the corner, but even some of the die hard fans here are turning into buffoons.

People really think they deserve to see their team hoisting a Lombardi Trophy after acting so damn fickle? Unreal.

Igo better whip this place up rather than encouraging this mindset by downplaying Gettleman's gambles in the offseason, it's getting out of hand.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty much anybody who's unemployed right now, more than likely anyone available via trade without us getting raped, and Daryl Williams.

I actually agree.  He's not much better than Drayl though.  Not by much.

But, to say he's on par with Free and the other RT's I stated recently would be completely wrong.  

Yeah, the offense has been anemic and moving the ball would do wonders for the entire team.  Even yesterday, I think we could have won a shoot out if the offense just moves the ball on a few sustained drives. 

I really think we will be fine.  You have to admit, kind of like the Rams always play the Hawks good, the Falcons always play us good JJ has always given us fits.  I think we are fine. 

I also still think the Falcons will piss this 2 game lead down the side of there diaper and leg.

2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Ask yourself this.

Why does he always seem "off" when we can't run the damn ball to save our lives (No Stewart, and Cam led the team in rushing, again) while the offensive line is consistently getting blown up by even mediocre defensive lines?

What quarterback in his prime is going to look utterly fantastic week in, and week out under those circumstances?

Someone tell me.

I'm literally disgusted with our fanbase right now. I thought last year we turned the corner, but even some of the die hard fans here are turning into buffoons.

People really think they deserve to see their team hoisting a Lombardi Trophy after acting so damn fickle? Unreal.

Igo better whip this place up rather than encouraging this mindset by downplaying Gettleman's gambles in the offseason, it's getting out of hand.

Deaf ears. It's always Cam's fault. 

He cant make lemonade out of oranges. He can't make plays if he doesn't get what he needs. Sure he makes some bad decisions but for the most part, these four games do not fall on his shoulders. A physical beating is one thing but I'm sure 4 games in of the SAME thing and SAME effort from the ones paid to protect you has him mentally beat up.

But blame Cam. That's the name of this because people refuse to believe Gettleman's magic is bullsh*t and he took the gamble and LOST. 

1 minute ago, nctarheel0619 said:

I actually agree.  He's not much better than Drayl though.  Not by much.

But, to say he's on par with Free and the other RT's I stated recently would be completely wrong.  

If you really think Doug Free is something special, I can't help you.

He benefits a lot from the talent around him on the line right now, but he's not the great player you think he is.

Yesterday, I was fuming and I blamed Gettleman for this and frankly, while not as mad, I still have a fair amount of disgust over the situation.  I gave a long leash in regards to our offseason moves because of how well he's managed the team up until this point, but I'm sorry it is still fair to question the offseason we had.  J-No was enormously important to us having a serviceable secondary and the franchise tag should have remained on him.  Bradberry could still have been here and learned the position before being thrown to the wolves.  I see the point made about having more money to sign some of our own guys long term, but aside from the true faces of the franchise, I've only seen an utter reluctance to sign these players to big contracts.  My last point is this, Norwell and turner are fantastic and should get paid, but if you think we should pay Ealy, then you're flat out wrong.  I wouldn't pay Kony ealy a single cent, I'd let him walk in the offseason as he's been one of the biggest draft disappointments in recent memory.  We need a pass rusher desperately, to the point that I'd consider starting Addison and keeping him in.  Our rush defense will suffer some, but our pass defense will go from non-existent to atleast something to worry about for opposing teams.  I mean, something to mull on was the fact that 2 straight times when the Falcons were pinned inside of their 1 yard line, instead of trying to run the ball and create some space and prevent a safety, they dropped back and threw a pass and both times ended up with decent gains.  Teams have absolutely no fear of our pass rush, and the falcons called us out on it with their play calls.

All in all though, I do trust gettleman because of what he's done so far here, but if he doesn't start addressing some of these glaring needs while having a ton of money in the bank, then we're not going to be making another run to the superbowl under his watch.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you really think Doug Free is something special, I can't help you.

He benefits a lot from the talent around him on the line right now, but he's not the great player you think he is.

I don't think he's "great" by any means.  But good, yes.  I will say he is good.  

Archived