• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norman on Julio's Big Day

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

Yeah we stunk up the field today. But Josh wouldn't have followed Julio around on the field today if he was here would he? I do wish our current CBs had the benefit of last years pass rush and Peanut and Harper's help.

No but given Norman shut down his receiver whoever it was, it allowed us to double a guy like Jones. Now the safeties don't know where to be and end up showing up late or not at all.And I totally agree on the value of experienced vets to help the secondary and make sure everyone knows what to do. Just the number of busted plays tells you the players don't know what to do half the time. Leadership like Norman and Peanut and other game tested vets have makes a huge difference. And if we had a good secondary, our line would look way better. It works hand in hand both ways.

35 minutes ago, juliosantos said:

Kk short is the next good player to go

Makes no real difference. I'm starting to think this is just a bad franchise. They blew their one chance at a championship last year. With the way this team is run it'll be 10 more years before they sniff another super bowl. 

1 minute ago, ickmule said:

Makes no real difference. I'm starting to think this is just a bad franchise. They blew their one chance at a championship last year. With the way this team is run it'll be 10 more years before they sniff another super bowl. 

That was actually our 2nd chance, but facts, who needs 'em, ya know?

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

No but given Norman shut down his receiver whoever it was, it allowed us to double a guy like Jones. Now the safeties don't know where to be and end up showing up late or not at all.

Hey! some common sense...I like it.

What Belichick often does is have his #1 corner on the opponents #2 WR and double the #1WR with a S over the top...we clearly did that a lot last year.

1 minute ago, UNCrules2187 said:

That was actually our 2nd chance, but facts, who needs 'em, ya know?

Yeah, I know, but the point is this is not the franchise we all want to believe.  Up one year and down the next. After 20 something years it's obvious it won't change until we have new ownership.......if ever. 

27 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

There is a guy over in Baltimore still sippin his as well. Thought he was supposed to be washed up???

FWIW, that same guy was contemplating retirement until his pride was stung by being cut and he perceived, accurately or not, that he had been slighted. Not comparable to Norman.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steve-smith-was-going-to-retire-after-2014-before-panthers-release/

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

tumblr_inline_n7jhelac0J1rbz9wd.jpg

Norman would have been burnt toast today if he was still playing for the Panthers. Sip on that tea, because you dodge a bullet today. Julio slapped everyone down with his big dong, and nothing was going to stop it.

Archived