• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you have faith in Shula to game plan around Oher?

Jeremy Igo

On 9/30/2016 at 4:07 PM, CRA said:

We almost went undefeated to the Super Bowl last year with no WRs and bad OTs.

It was not Shula but Cam being a pure athlete. Everybody counted us out we counted us out.  It is no different than when Cam played at Auburn. It takes an athletic qb to run malzahns offense, and Shula has incorporated some of the philosophies in his plan.Guz bus has left town. Cam is not who he was when he first started, but that is who he needs to be when he plays a team like Denver, Atlanta, Minnie. Teams that are fast he can't just stand there like a statue and get hit or wait till last minute to try to spring free..it's not working...he needs to get out of town..he's hesitant, he wants to use his arm instead of his legs in some ways he has become just a pocket passer..I saw so many times when he should have just took off and he waited too late to move underestimating the quickness of the defense..I love me some Cam but he needs to stop by he be on a stretcher..get your instincts back and flicking get out of that pocket 

36 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

It was not Shula but Cam being a pure athlete. Everybody counted us out we counted us out.  It is no different than when Cam played at Auburn. It takes an athletic qb to run malzahns offense, and Shula has incorporated some of the philosophies in his plan.Guz bus has left town. Cam is not who he was when he first started, but that is who he needs to be when he plays a team like Denver, Atlanta, Minnie. Teams that are fast he can't just stand there like a statue and get hit or wait till last minute to try to spring free..it's not working...he needs to get out of town..he's hesitant, he wants to use his arm instead of his legs in some ways he has become just a pocket passer..I saw so many times when he should have just took off and he waited too late to move underestimating the quickness of the defense..I love me some Cam but he needs to stop by he be on a stretcher..get your instincts back and flicking get out of that pocket 

Short history lesson here. Chud, the genius, would come up with his game plan, give it to the team, go out to the practice field, and run through the plays. They only got a couple reps per play, because Chud had 4,000 plays per game. Cam had no options at the line, Cuz Chud only gave him one play. This is the play you will run, so run it.

There were plays Chud liked, so they were used every week. So those plays got plenty of practice. But those plays that were week specific, only got practiced that week. How can you run an Offense that way?

Shula, with input from Cam, comes up with the game plan. They take it to the practice field, and run through their plays. The difference being. Shula makes them run the plays until they get it right. Through time. The team has learned a remarkable amount of plays. And they know exactly how to run each play.

Oh, and Cam now has the option to audible. This is not a Shula Offense. It is not a Cam Offense. It is a collaboration.

I actually do. Our offensive problems (pun) are not because we don't have a creative gameplan- it's that we NEVER change our gameplan in game. So if a team figures us out- i.e. Broncos and Vikings in the second half, we stick to what works for us- because our coaches' thinking is there is EVIDENCE behind that scheme. 

BUT if we know we can't do all that we want (missing starting LT)- we will be more likely to abandon something that isn't working because there is no evidence that it will work without our pieces. 

Furthermore, Shula gets a lot of hate on here and some of it is warranted, but the guy clearly knows what he's doing to a certain extent. There's no way we didn't watch the tape against the Broncos and Vikings and didn't learn something. 

But if we're running 4 verts tomorrow all day while Cam is running for his life, then god help us all 

48 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

ZERO.

Why would I have faith in this guy?

CsKs3tEUkAEsuX4.jpg

Two reasons. 1. Continuity. 2. Cam WAS JUST MVP.

Con. Who do you purpose to bring in? Will he be Cam centric? We are on a roll, do you really want to mess with that?

Since Cam was on the sideline watching Peyton carve us up. Way back in the 12-13 season. We are 44-17-1. Do you want to be the team that fires its OC after that record?

On September 30, 2016 at 4:13 PM, CRA said:

just to recap...

Teams with Shula as our OC have gone 34-13 the last 3 seasons with 3 consecutive post season appearances (advancing further each postseason)

also cam newton and a top 10 defense 

31 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I actually do. Our offensive problems (pun) are not because we don't have a creative gameplan- it's that we NEVER change our gameplan in game. So if a team figures us out- i.e. Broncos and Vikings in the second half, we stick to what works for us- because our coaches' thinking is there is EVIDENCE behind that scheme. 

BUT if we know we can't do all that we want (missing starting LT)- we will be more likely to abandon something that isn't working because there is no evidence that it will work without our pieces. 

Furthermore, Shula gets a lot of hate on here and some of it is warranted, but the guy clearly knows what he's doing to a certain extent. There's no way we didn't watch the tape against the Broncos and Vikings and didn't learn something. 

But if we're running 4 verts tomorrow all day while Cam is running for his life, then god help us all 

LOL. I love your passion. And all in all, I agree with you. Or at least as one fan to another. Sounds to me like you are more confused, than angry. Like, I know this team is better than this. So what the fire truck.

As is comes to in game adjustments. This is one of those things that we, as fans, will never know the truth. Because no on will ever tell us one way or another. Sure we have heard that "The Panthers did what we thought", but, does that mean we never alter our game plan?

Until I actually here a player say, "Damm, Coach left us to dry" I am going to stick with. They may make mistakes. But the track record is there.

Archived