• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Oher is Out vs Falcons

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

You really believe that DG is paying above average money to a player he believes is a below average talent? You know absolutely nothing man. Many QBs play with sh*t o-lines despite not being mobile, and can succeed. Rivers has played with an o-line significantly worse than ours this year his entire career and has done extremely well. No QB would've had his seasons ended this year or last or even in 2014 unless there was a freak injury that could happen to any player no matter how dominant the line. Romo's had the best line in the league and gets hurt more than any QB. Cam's a beast obviously but he can improve in pocket awareness. At least 3 of those sacks in the Vikings game, including the safety, were on Cam. Remmers got owned in the SB to the point where Cam got strip sacked twice. But on both of those he could've seen Von coming and protected the ball and just went down. Our o-line, including our tackles, is easily top 10 or even top 7 in the league.

Man, what kinda poo you smoking on today?  I need that ASAP.  

4 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Since two of these players have played like utter poo so far, don't know if I would necessarily say they're guaranteed to get poo, honestly.  

Also, we cut him next year the Dead money would be 6 mill over the next three seasons TOTAL.  Not per year.  According to overthecap.com.  I don't know where you got 6 mill per season.  And if we won the Super Bowl because we could actually protect Cam.  I LITERALLY couldn't care less what his cap situation is for the rest of the time he's here.  We could win 5 games the next season after winning the Super Bowl.  Because the difference is, we would've won the fuging Super Bowl.  So, if you enjoy your 10 win seasons without a ring so be it.  But, unlike others around here I want this team to get a fuging ring ASAP.  Whether it sacrifices a season or two, doesn't make a damn to me.   

Reading comprehension, friend. "We'd cut him and have $6M dead money over the next 3 years going to him to not play for us." If one agrees with your ridiculous assessment of KK and Ealy then assume they are gone. We'd then have even more holes that we'd need draft picks to fill, and still not a whole lot of cap room with needing to sign Norwell, Turner and KB which'll take probably $25M a year or more.

So win one Super Bowl and then everything's great. A couple of decades of Lions/Browns seasons won't matter because we won that one Super Bowl. I'd rather be competing for a Super Bowl every year for a decade, which Gettleman and his decisions are putting us in a position to do, than to sell out to win one, probably still not even win it and then suck for the next decade. Of course one move like this wouldn't make us suck for a decade but anybody who would make that move would make more like it. Fortunately DG isn't one of those GMs.

8 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Reading comprehension, friend. "We'd cut him and have $6M dead money over the next 3 years going to him to not play for us." If one agrees with your ridiculous assessment of KK and Ealy then assume they are gone. We'd then have even more holes that we'd need draft picks to fill, and still not a whole lot of cap room with needing to sign Norwell, Turner and KB which'll take probably $25M a year or more.

So win one Super Bowl and then everything's great. A couple of decades of Lions/Browns seasons won't matter because we won that one Super Bowl. I'd rather be competing for a Super Bowl every year for a decade, which Gettleman and his decisions are putting us in a position to do, than to sell out to win one, probably still not even win it and then suck for the next decade. Of course one move like this wouldn't make us suck for a decade but anybody who would make that move would make more like it. Fortunately DG isn't one of those GMs.

I also didn't say we wouldn't pay Ealy and KK, but so far neither one is worth what you're thinking they should get.  

So now I said decades?  I said a few years, not decades.  Holy poo.  Way to misconstrue my statement just a tad.  And if selling out is getting rid of a first rounder for Joe Thomas, and cutting Oher.  So freaking be it.  FYI, Joe Thomas is only getting paid 10 mill Per season.  Also, if we traded for JT, and he started sucking he wouldn't count anything against the cap the next three seasons.  Yeesh, your point just went to poo quickly.  He would LITERALLY cost us zero dead money.   

3 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

I also didn't say we wouldn't pay Ealy and KK, but so far neither one is worth what you're thinking they should get.  

So now I said decades?  I said a few years, not decades.  Holy poo.  Way to misconstrue my statement just a tad.  And if selling out is getting rid of a first rounder for Joe Thomas, and cutting Oher.  So freaking be it.  FYI, Joe Thomas is only getting paid 10 mill Per season.  Also, if we traded for JT, and he started sucking he wouldn't count anything against the cap the next three seasons.  Yeesh, your point just went to poo quickly.  He would LITERALLY cost us zero dead money.   

You have no idea "what I'm thinking they should get."

I never said you said decades, I'm the one who said decades. These types of teams who make these moves are the ones who suck for decades. Like the Dolphins in recent memory, and Eagles though they seem to have turned with this new regime. Thomas would cost us zero dead money, LITERALLY! Wow! That's fantastic. We'd have no first round pick and no left tackle but hey, no dead money from Thomas!

The trade just wouldn't make any sense at all in the long run.

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

You have no idea "what I'm thinking they should get."

I never said you said decades, I'm the one who said decades. These types of teams who make these moves are the ones who suck for decades. Like the Dolphins in recent memory, and Eagles though they seem to have turned with this new regime. Thomas would cost us zero dead money, LITERALLY! Wow! That's fantastic. We'd have no first round pick and no left tackle but hey, no dead money from Thomas!

The trade just wouldn't make any sense at all in the long run.

Well, we could Draft a Tackle in the 2nd round, or the first round of the next year.  It's not that difficult, of Hell sign another one with the money Thomas and Oher would leave.  There's plenty of ways.  And getting a Franchise turned around is very possible with a quickness.  Look at the Chiefs.  

43 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

You really believe that DG is paying above average money to a player he believes is a below average talent? You know absolutely nothing man. Many QBs play with sh*t o-lines despite not being mobile, and can succeed. Rivers has played with an o-line significantly worse than ours this year his entire career and has done extremely well. No QB would've had his seasons ended this year or last or even in 2014 unless there was a freak injury that could happen to any player no matter how dominant the line. Romo's had the best line in the league and gets hurt more than any QB. Cam's a beast obviously but he can improve in pocket awareness. At least 3 of those sacks in the Vikings game, including the safety, were on Cam. Remmers got owned in the SB to the point where Cam got strip sacked twice. But on both of those he could've seen Von coming and protected the ball and just went down. Our o-line, including our tackles, is easily top 10 or even top 7 in the league.

Oher is not an above average OT.  Simple and plain. 

Maybe the real issue is what our definition is of above average...

Our OTs are serviceable.  It means the O generally can function.  

You match our OTs up against above average DE one on one....they lose those battles overall 

there is a reason our base pass O is MAX protect.  You don't do that with above average OTs.  

Both both our lines are built almost identical. Talent is on the inside.  

2 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

If it makes the team better  and protects the franchise QB  then yes.  BTW your the piece of poo who thinks his opinions are facts and  always putting other posters down. 

If you think winning football games is so important that you're happy about one of our own players - and actually two guys now - getting injured, you really need to grow up.

There are more important things in this world than winning sports games.

2 minutes ago, 15 said:

he's just a kid. parents just got him madden and he's been playing franchise mode with no salary cap or injuries on.

let him play in a puddle of his own piss in peace. 

He's not a very bright kid.

Here's hoping his parents at least make an attempt to teach him better than this crap he's spouting right now.

Archived