• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Oher is Out vs Falcons

Jeremy Igo

When Gettleman came to Carolina, one of the first things he said was, "I know what a quarterback feeding frenzy looks like".

Well, the Panthers have gone 1-3 their past four games and all of the loses had a QB feeding frenzy aspect. It'll be interesting to see if and how Gettleman addresses getting over that hump.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

LT.

but it soon starts a cumulative effect.  No having Stewart (who helps the OL) and now getting weaker at the OL.  Likely will make our O very inconsistent 

I agree. I thought we would be ok Sunday, but it's looking at little rough at the moment.

32 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

We have 25+ mill in Cap room, we couldn't improve those holes in Free Agency?  

And we can release Oher after this year and be fine.  Look up the cap numbers and stuff before you type, sir.  

We'd cut him and have $6M dead money over the next 3 years going to him to not play for us. That type of thing (cutting guys one year into a contract) is why teams like the Aints are in sh*t cap position. And that $25M+ goes right to $15M with Thomas added, and with many players on our team that we need to sign still. Turner, Norwell, Short (probably a tag which'll be close to $15M), Ealy, KB, etc. Would be one of the dumbest moves one could think of.

Surely this will make Shula adapt the game plan and cut the recivers route tree back to allow for quick reads/passes.

Also can we please allow Cam to scramble if the quick read isn't there? The hits he has taken in the pocket the past three weeks have been far worse then I ever saw him take when he scrambled.

Just now, thomas96 said:

It's not. Oher is an above average LT.

No he isn't.  

Cam Newton is his QB.  Which is why the FO is willing to put below average talent at OT.  A traditional non mobile QB would have his season ended because our our OTs the past few seasons 

5 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Turner, Norwell, Short (probably a tag which'll be close to $15M), Ealy, KB, etc

Since two of these players have played like utter poo so far, don't know if I would necessarily say they're guaranteed to get poo, honestly.  

Also, we cut him next year the Dead money would be 6 mill over the next three seasons TOTAL.  Not per year.  According to overthecap.com.  I don't know where you got 6 mill per season.  And if we won the Super Bowl because we could actually protect Cam.  I LITERALLY couldn't care less what his cap situation is for the rest of the time he's here.  We could win 5 games the next season after winning the Super Bowl.  Because the difference is, we would've won the fuging Super Bowl.  So, if you enjoy your 10 win seasons without a ring so be it.  But, unlike others around here I want this team to get a fuging ring ASAP.  Whether it sacrifices a season or two, doesn't make a damn to me.   

1 minute ago, CRA said:

No he isn't.  

Cam Newton is his QB.  Which is why the FO is willing to put below average talent at OT.  A traditional non mobile QB would have his season ended because our our OTs the past few seasons 

You really believe that DG is paying above average money to a player he believes is a below average talent? You know absolutely nothing man. Many QBs play with sh*t o-lines despite not being mobile, and can succeed. Rivers has played with an o-line significantly worse than ours this year his entire career and has done extremely well. No QB would've had his seasons ended this year or last or even in 2014 unless there was a freak injury that could happen to any player no matter how dominant the line. Romo's had the best line in the league and gets hurt more than any QB. Cam's a beast obviously but he can improve in pocket awareness. At least 3 of those sacks in the Vikings game, including the safety, were on Cam. Remmers got owned in the SB to the point where Cam got strip sacked twice. But on both of those he could've seen Von coming and protected the ball and just went down. Our o-line, including our tackles, is easily top 10 or even top 7 in the league.

Archived