• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What went wrong with this play?

Jeremy Igo

9 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Shula calls screen passes at the worst possible time.

Now, according to the Hate Shula thread. He doesn't call enough screens. So, not only does he not call enough screens, but when he actually does call one...it's at the wrong time.

Man this football thingy is hard.

2 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Now, according to the Hate Shula thread. He doesn't call enough screens. So, not only does he not call enough screens, but when he actually does call one...it's at the wrong time.

Man this football thingy is hard.

Your supposed to call screens when the opposing team is blitzing. Not when they are dropping 7 in coverage 

And speaking for myself I want more screens to Fozzy not our receivers who can't get YAC if their lives depended on it.

13 hours ago, Bartin said:

Olsen and Philly(?) didn't need to double a CB. Olsen should have taken the DB who made the tackle. Remmers took the right guy, the LB. Asking an OT to block a perimeter defender on a WR screen is not realistic and bad play design.

Sounds right to me. Remmers clearly made an effort to get to the outside of 54 and seal him off. Philly seals the cb to the outside These two blocks created the hole. Olsen needs to pick up that last block for the play to work.

58 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Your supposed to call screens when the opposing team is blitzing. Not when they are dropping 7 in coverage 

And speaking for myself I want more screens to Fozzy not our receivers who can't get YAC if their lives depended on it.

Yea why not switch the WRs on that side and have Philly give it a shot. He should have an idea on how to follow the blocks from his return days.

Archived