• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Welp...

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, jptaylor84 said:

How many times does cam check down or take what he's given? He always goes for the home run or try something impossible, I really believe if he worked more so on his short game he would take his game to a new level.. But then it's the same argument where people say he has no touch on his throws.. He has flaws of course he does but he needs to understand it's not always there..

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Yeah, just like Favre in a sense. Trying to make a play. We will just have to live with it.

7 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I read it. The only thing that could have worked was KB. I can't recall what he ran but it looks like he's going to cut or curl in that would have worked. I just feel like the bottom two routes would not have worked, unless Ted does a drag route.

the play is designed to get the first down...anything else would have been gravy.

newton went straight for the gravy and left the mashed potatoes in the pot.

he's waiting for olsen to get open when olsen should have been a big play if and only if the defense made a mistake.

7 minutes ago, nosuchthingasapanther said:

the play is designed to get the first down...anything else would have been gravy.

newton went straight for the gravy and left the mashed potatoes in the pot.

he's waiting for olsen to get open when olsen should have been a big play if and only if the defense made a mistake.

Gotchya. So who should he have thrown to, KB? 

11 minutes ago, a_gumbel said:

Lol igos stirring the bench cam start DA pot

I was waiting for someone to say start DA. I just feel like we have to take the good with the bad with Cam. He likes to wait for the big play and it worked for most of the year last year. Like I said earlier, it's like Favre. Always forcing throws to make the big play. in cams case holding on until just tells right moment. Hopefully coaches can have on making the smart throw. I feel like he hit check downs quite a bit against San Fran.

Take a look at the safety Cam had Dickson wide open on a short crossing route at about the 7 and he would have got a first. But his head barely moved from looking dead centre for Ginn to blow up over the top! Hunter moved on Oher and the rest is history! To me it looked like he didn't even go through his reads, he just focused on Ginn

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

17 minutes ago, nosuchthingasapanther said:

yes. 

the play call isolated benjamin with a single defender.

that's a matchup a qb should drool all over.

Well, let's hope some things get corrected for next week then. I don't think it's time to panic. The hangover is real though. Plus, the unfortunate events that's happened, probably didn't help either.

Team has looked like 2014 with the homerun ball.

My quiet reservation coming into this season was KB being TOO much of a focus. Last year was a blessing in disguise because Cam had to spread the ball around. 

I'm afraid there is a major tell in the snap and we are not disguising it all. The green dog blitz has exposed that and not the staff needs to counter.  At the same time Cam needs to check down or throw it away and move to the next play. Don't worry about the homerun.  Sometimes a walk is a good as a hit.

Archived