• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers biggest problem, as I see it....

Jeremy Igo

I've been harping on Shula's situational play calling for years, as well as his apparent inability or reluctance to make adjustments. I've also said when things don't go to script, he falls apart. It's his Achilles heel. I've also consistently called out Rivera for falling into the Shula trap, and he is ultimately responsible. 

To @montsa's point, I can't in good conscience blame the defense. They basically did well, and no halftime adjustments were really needed. Don't get me wrong, they weren't perfect, and safety play---more of a personnel issue---has been suspect, but the defensive play was more than acceptable. Other than shitting the bed against Denver, they've responded greatly, and have a pretty good track record. The offense and special teams puts the defense in bad spots more than a few times. 

Shula has some damned good pieces to work with. Maybe a tweak to the line is in order. The lack of a solid, second TE is also a personnel issue, but it still doesn't really absolve him from being so stuck in the mud from a play calling standpoint when things begin to go south. He doesn't effectively use his arsenal by making adjustments and calling plays that compensate for the offense's weaknesses on many occasions.

Green dog blitz isn't nothing new if I'm correct....Arz is the first team to do it and did it to us a couple years back and did it last year. Difference was execution in both games, either find the open guy after he blocks and release or wr's have to just man handle the cb's playing press. Boils down to execution IMO from players to coaches 

11 minutes ago, usmcpanthers said:

We even got a delay of game during our hurry up offense wtf!??

3 minutes to play in the 1st half with 3 timeouts, we were taking our time with the play calls and playing for the fugging FIELD GOAL.

Again, COACHING.

Edit: Crap, in my first version of this post I said 2nd half above... meant 1st half.

Archived