• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is awful.

Jeremy Igo

Lots of things go wrong on this play and I don't think anyone is single handedly to blame. 

first off, the offense wasn't put in a position to succeed all game and this play is a prime example. Run a quick slant here with Ginn and that maybe goes for 30 yards if he can break the first tackle. 

Second, the o-line made Cam's bad game, worse. 

finally, Cam's gotta know he has Fozzy has a check down there to his right. Instead he scrambles left. Not saying he did the wrong thing here, but again the play could have been salvaged with a fantastic play by Newton, plays we've come to expect him to make. 

16 hours ago, nosuchthingasapanther said:

fozzy and brown are newton's dump offs...notice what happens to whitaker. 

Complete waste of a body.  We are so intent with filling up the backfield instead of spreading it out.  I hate this offense now, I just want to line up in shotgun and throw for a half, see what happens.  

Also glad we didnt pay KK boss money

5 minutes ago, Mvp2014 said:

Complete waste of a body.  We are so intent with filling up the backfield instead of spreading it out.  I hate this offense now, I just want to line up in shotgun and throw for a half, see what happens.  

Also glad we didnt pay KK boss money

Remember way back in the old days of camp in August when the coaches and the official team media were talking up the no-huddle and hurry-up?

*sigh*

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

Remember way back in the old days of camp in August when the coaches and the official team media were talking up the no-huddle and hurry-up?

*sigh*

Yep.  I thought we had finally arrived and had an understanding of modern day football.  Nope... You dont see good offenses let off the gas ever.  I remember seeing the 07 Pats putting up 56-63 points.  If Brady's coordinator tried to sit on 7 point leads in the first quarter that dude would be fired the same week. We play scared and its obvious we dont trust our offense.    

Just now, Mvp2014 said:

Yep.  I thought we had finally arrived and had an understanding of modern day football.  Nope... You dont see good offenses let off the gas ever.  I remember seeing the 07 Pats putting up 56-63 points.  If Brady's coordinator tried to sit on 7 point leads in the first quarter that dude would be fired the same week. We play scared and its obvious we dont trust our offense.    

After the safety, Rivera and Shula's buttholes puckered so tight they could have cracked walnuts.

Cam is doing what I was afraid he would do when he found success with his arm. in that gif you see how much time he has to make a decision and just pick up some yards. As soon as Oher pushed the edge rusher out of the play, Cam from years past would have taken off just like he needed to do there. He didn't make them respect his ability to improvise. How many runs did Cam take that weren't designed runs? Too few. Maybe none. Part of what makes him so dangerous is that element of his game where he'll break off a big run if coverage sits back on the receiving options. He wasn't able to do that yesterday and tried to beat them exclusively with his arm. It's like tying one hand behind your back to not use all your skills.

And on this play in particular it wasn't going to be a huge gain, but it would have been a lot better than getting sacked, losing all those yards, and hurting yourself in the process. He was WAY too stationary back there. He refused to move the pocket.

Here's what I don't get. Shula continually draws up long developing routes that are not suited for our WR's. You want twitchy, good route running WR's to do that. We have big bodied WR's that can box people out. Play to your strengths and send them on some easy quick 5 yard slant routes and let them body them out. It was there the whole game yesterday. We continued to find ourselves in I don't know how many 3rd and longs. Not to mention the lack of screen plays to counter the blitz. I don't even give a fug anymore. I've hated Shula since his Alabama days and never thought he was a good OC. Bucs were smart to fire Shula, and just so happened to win the superbowl the next year.

Archived