• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Captain Munnerlyn says Vikes not worried about Funchess

Jeremy Igo

Yea, Captain definitely didn't have to take that shot at Fun. I wonder was Funchess talking during the game? Could've shut Captain up if he made that tough catch at the end.

Either way, hopefully he responds to this by getting open and catching the ball against ATL. 

Funchess wasn't the only given a bit of a shade today. Minnestoa generated a lot of coverage sacks with their CBs.

it's a shame that at no point in the offseason could we have had the opportunity to have an elite CB on roster this season, and I'm so glad we don't undervalue them because of old semantics about pass rush negating the need for them.

11 minutes ago, mwright350 said:

"Me personally, I think No. 17 (Funchess) is not that good" isn't gameplan indicating - it's taking a shot at a receiver who didn't have a good game.  That's the part that annoys me.  A guy has a bad game then you have the stones to say you don't think he's very good?  Yawn.

It's not that he had a bad game, it's that he's only had one good game in his entire career. He has three catches for 28 yards in three games so far this season when many were talking about him pushing KB. I know Proehl has said promising things, but sometimes coaches talk guys up to boost their confidence. Starting to think that might be what that talk was. 

Sorry the rest of the world is waking up to the fact that TC fluff articles aren't very reliable.

I have always questioned the pick, and I hoped he turned the corner and proved me wrong with his performance down the stretch last season, but it seems he has reverted back to bum mode.

They must have quadrupled team KB the whole game because he probably only had one target.  No way Xavier Rhodes, a hobbled Xavier Rhodes at that, could shut down KB like that all by himself.  So if KB was covered like that, how in the world did our other receivers not do anything?  Oh, and our "Offensive Tackles" suck.

Archived