• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RIvera "We shot ourselves in the foot"

Jeremy Igo

20 minutes ago, beastson said:

We dont want to score too quick, it tires out our defense bullshit

Losing and winning your only SB can break your coaching career with that team, I've seen it too often. Its on Ron to adjust and adapt in order to win. Its on JR to make sure we don't have a John Fox part 2. Don't waste Cam Newton prime

So far he's proving to be john fox 2.0.. the similarities are uncanny.

Rivera isn't very smart honestly...players coach so no discipline or accountability.

Fake ass "loyalty" to people who don't deserve it and no loyalty for people who do.

Zimmer had the less talented squad and out coached him. Rivera is only a very slight upgrade over John Fox the difference is Gettleman can actually draft in more than just the first round.

With Fox the SB was close as well but yea our coaching history isn't all that.

Shula went Shula. Nothing to see there. .... Lack of adjustment to their pressure was baffling. They had 34 total yards in the 1st half and it was still a 10-8 game. Second half, Bradford turned into Joe Montana. That's adjustment. I don't even get mad at Shula no more. We know what we have with him. I've accepted that situation

I'm honestly more disappointed in our second half D. I knew their defense was gonna give us a hard time, but I expected our D to force some turnovers in a defensive battle like this

The KB penalty killed us tho. If we were up by 2 possessions, they wouldn't have come back

Also, multiple flags like that usually point to lack of focus and discipline, which rests on the coaching staff

This reminds me of the scene in saving Private Ryan where they let that soldier go, then he came back to attack them. We could have ended this in the 1st quarter. We kept letting them hang around. Any given Sunday anyone can beat anyone. When you have a team down, you gotta finish them

Sent from my LGLS991 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

That KB penalty was killer. He wasn't even affecting the play. My biggest frustration through the first 3 games is how sloppy we have been playing. Even against the 49'ers we just played sloppy, we were just so much more talented than them that it didn't matter.

Agree. 

We go 15-1 regular season last year. As a player, coach, organization or fan, we get a bit spoiled and expect that. It's a helluva long season. I'm glad we are taking our medicine early on. You don't want to be playing your best ball this early. The mistakes are correctable. We will be fine. 

Archived