• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What time are you heading to the stadium if you are going

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Ship said:

I'm feeling weirdly conflicted. My dad and I have been planning on going to the game, but I've just been feeling weird about it for various reasons throughout the week and it's stressing me out.

Idk, is it wrong to go to the game? I'll be heading in to town by 11 and we should be heading straight there.

We can not allow ourselves to be cowed by terrorism in any shape or form.  With that said, you must be wise and set a course that is sure and protected.  Protected by others who share the same as you.  There is an unrest in the world.  I believe that good will over come bad.  Go to the game.  Have fun with your dad.  Just don't go down the wrong street.  There will be many safe paths to the game.  I pray for you and your dad, safe passage.

Watching ABC and they mentioned that protests will start tomorrow at 11am at Johnson C Smith University and going to BofA stadium. I'm parking on S Church, so I think I'll be on the other side of where they are coming from, hopefully. I'll probably go in the East Gate. I'm now planning to get there at 10:30, so I'll be going in the stadium at 11 to avoid any issues since I'll be there with my son.

Thanks for that. I've put together 4 different options for parking this week, each with multiple routes of leaving the city. I'm taking my son to this one as well. We were originally going to take the light rail into town, but I scratched that earlier this week. Didn't feel comfortable leaving my car that far away in case something escalated.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Praying for safety today for all in Charlotte.  If the protesters do target the game and stadium as sounds like it might happen, I hope they'll do so in a peaceful non-confrontational fashion and that the police / national guard will have wisdom in dealing with them in a way that deescalates tension and doesn't make things any worse.

42 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

:(

Don't be too worried.  I can only imagine that whoever passed those out was just trying to create a scare.  If that is actually the plan of action for a large group of people, then I'd worry about the safety of those people (the protesters/rioters) a lot more than I would anybody else.  All they would be doing is intensifying the reaction they receive from authority figures, especially if they felt that a bus full of rich people (as insensitive as that may sound, its true, especially when our owner is one of the richest people in the state) was at even the slightest risk of being harmed.

Archived