• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Vikings Fans are Saying - Now with Huddle Art!

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Lilsmitty09 said:

Also lol at the second or third post on their board saying "Our (vikings) defense is better than any defense the Panthers have faced this year."

Yeah cause the Broncos D is nothing compared to that Vikings D. LMAO

I called someone out for saying this is the toughest D we've faced this season. However, it turns out that statistically, the Vikes are ranked just better than Denver in terms of Overall D (yards).  What the Broncos far excel at is Pass Defense.

Here you go:  (Via the Sporting Charts matchup tool)

Denver & Vikings Defense Stats1.png

Denver & Vikings Defense Stats2.png

LOL new game plan Double Benjamin and stop Newton..... errrr what about Olsen... oh yeah Double Olsen and stop Newton.... errr what about Benjamin..... Oh to heck with it use a Safety to help cover both of them and stop Newton,,,, but but what about Funchess........ George Edwards throws blackboard though window  

A Vikings analyst tries to outline ways they can stop Kelvin Benjamin.   Lots of words...  We'll see if any of these ideas are successful.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2016/09/arifs-film-study-gameplan-stop-kelvin-benjamin/

Am I missing something?
His plan is very shortsighted. I realize his article was strictly about limiting KBs effectiveness, and his schemes look viable in theory and if the Panthers only ran two reciever sets the entire game.

I can assume that he under the notion that KB is our only viable wr or receiving option for that matter.
The analyst did not address how the Vikes will scheme for KB, when you throw in Funchess in three WR sets or account for the match up nightmares Olson's presence will cause.

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

2 hours ago, Lilsmitty09 said:

Also lol at the second or third post on their board saying "Our (vikings) defense is better than any defense the Panthers have faced this year."

Yeah cause the Broncos D is nothing compared to that Vikings D. LMAO

Someone corrects this dude later in the thread, he thought we played the Bills instead of the Broncos.  They really know their opponents.

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Someone corrects this dude later in the thread, he thought we played the Bills instead of the Broncos.  They really know their opponents.

But statistically, the Vikings are just ahead of the Broncos in terms of total yards allowed so far this season..., so while in many respects it's a silly claim, it is "technically" true depending on which piece of data you use to define "best defense".  Going by yards allowed, Minnesota beats Denver.

Archived