• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jerry Richardson riot reaction was "damn near criminal"?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, coralreefer_1 said:

Something to the effect of.." We are a part of this community and we stand with the people those that chose to exercise their freedom of speech in a non-violent way". " There are many issues we all have to deal with but we as a community stand together". " We are saddened to hear of the loss of life by 2 members of our community, but we as a community must strive onward for change and justice" We as the Panthers support law enforcement and appreciate their hard work and efforts in this city, but also understand there is a large portion of our community that have grievances that they feel are not given proper ears to.

We look forward to continuing our commitment to xyz community organizations, and ask that the community come together and show solidarity for not only the city of charlotte in these turbulent times, but also for our organization that represents Charlotte"

Obviously i dont get paid to write press releases,but just SOMETHING to show some involvement for the community in this ( in my opinion) would be a nice step forward.

But all those are platitudes. Those words are the same words that politicians say. Empty. Meaningless. Because they are things that every rational person wants. The trick would be actions. And the organization, players and staff all do an immense amount of action in the community. In other words, the Panthers put their feelings to work. And in the end, isn't that what's most important. Words, while powerful, are nothing without action.

My God...enough of this BS!!! The guy who wrote this obviously has a bias against "rich white dudes" but at the same time he wants him to do or say something about this situation? What the heck is Jerry Richardson supposed to do or say about this issue? If he chose to speak on this topic it would be twisted around no matter what so it's best to not say anything at all. Hell, look at this guy taking shots at him for NOT saying anything and saying it's criminal that he hasn't. Unbelievably insane and dumb! Does this same guy demand that all other wealthy business owners make a statement or do something? Jerry is just another target that someone is attempting to draw out so they can fire shots at him in the hopes that it makes their small misguided opinion relevant!

I watch sports to stay away from all of this political nonsense! Now the NFL players are more and more getting in on the action of being offended and want their 15 minutes of fame or their little sound-byte to be played as if it really matters in the grand scheme of things. The NFL had better take note of how bad their ratings have become since all of this protesting began. I don't watch football to be bombarded with someone's politics...If I want that I'll pick a news channel and look at the lame, BS, lying crap that they spew to everyone as truth.....

But all those are platitudes. Those words are the same words that politicians say. Empty. Meaningless. Because they are things that every rational person wants. The trick would be actions. And the organization, players and staff all do an immense amount of action in the community. In other words, the Panthers put their feelings to work. And in the end, isn't that what's most important. Words, while powerful, are nothing without action.

Bravo,
I was going to reply in the same way , but thanks to your response, there's nothing more that I could add.

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

The article Jeremy wrote actually supports the article he is trying to refute.

The stance is that a business who props itself up as a community leader is obligated ethically to act as a responsible citizen. The Panthers as an organization have not acted as a responsible citizen according to the writer.

Jeremy's article clearly shows Jerry Richardson uses his money after the fact and stays out of the controversy that is damaging his communities. This supports the 'just another rich guy' argument.

The closest they have ever gotten to taking a stance for the community was on the Greg Hardy issue, and that could be viewed as simply damage control. I would hope the Panthers organization places the current events in Charlotte at the same level, if not greater, as the issue of domestic violence.

I would argue the Hornets have acted as a responsible citizen. I also believe Jeremy's article shows his actions to get out and listen/interact with the community demonstrates he has acted as a responsible citizen. I can not say the same for the Panthers as an organization.

Maybe they have done something that I have yet to witness. Anyone know of an act of civic responsibility by the Panthers in the past few days?

The new statue given to Jerry Richardson seems to honor him as a leader and figure head of both North Carolina and South Carolina. Now would be a great time to give meaning to that symbol that looks over Charlotte if it truly holds any meaning.

At the very least, issue a written statement on behalf of the owner and organization. It is in times of the direct impact of crisis that the true character of a citizen or organization is revealed to its community. Act like a responsible citizen.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

On September 23, 2016 at 4:05 PM, CPantherKing said:

The closest they have ever gotten to taking a stance for the community was on the Greg Hardy issue

Which community?  The other 31, sure.  But the stance by the Panthers on Hardy Jr for a sex-starved coke head psycho ex-girlfriend that herself left the community severely hurt(s) the Charlotte community.  Great news for the other 31.

Archived